Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A couple minor quibbles

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

just a couple minor things I noticed while playing today that I didn't care for.

1. I like to be able to play using mostly just my mouse, and just keep my keyboard hand on the movement keys. I don't bother typing to chat with npc's, I just double click them to initiate conversation, and click on the keywords in the chat box to get to the conversation pieces I want.

The part I don't like is that double clicking on an npc to initiate a conversation also opens up my chat box and puts the cursor there for me to start typing on the keyboard.

The result of this is that I will often click through a conversation and then try to move away and end up with "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" in my chat box, which I have to delete, or press enter to get rid of.

My request is that the chat box does not automatically enter up with my cursor in it when I start dialogue using my mouse. If I want to type out something in chat, I will hit enter first to open it up like normal.

2. The other minor thing is that when doing the tour guide quest, I noticed that my journal was filled in with all the information I needed, even though I hadn't gotten to those parts of the conversation yet. For example just by initiating conversation with him and getting the keyword for the quest, my journal was filled in with all the places I had to visit, even though he hadn't actually told me that yet.

To me that just seems like a bit too dumbed down. I would rather that the journal only records information you've actually gotten from the NPC through conversation.

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I have problems with the chat focus too. I found if I pin (upper right corner) so the window is always there then I usually had to hit enter specifically to focus the chat box. I also think when you click a keyword the chatbox looses focus.

Personally I hate when games with chat windows allow any straight numbers or letters as hotkeys. You will eventually end up speaking jibberish or triggering something you didn't want. :) I prefer at least the option to require/set CTRL or ALT combos, which you might be able to do but mine seem to always reset between releases.

In NWN it was the other way, you would try to say something and hit a hot key because the window wasn't focused. Resting was the big deal as usually this cancelled all your buffs, used supplied and restricted you from resting again for a certain time (hard core rules). R was the first hotkey I customized. :)

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

How about having a toggle?
    If I have CAPS lock-on then I want hot keys, initiating a conversation with the mouse and then using wasd keys would then exit the conversation.
    If I have CAPS lock-off then I want conversation keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.