Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A couple things that could be improved

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Illesac, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

Pathfinding on overview map - pendulum has swung too far back into slow/why am I being slowed? territory. Would love to see a mode (possibly leverage for a rogue skill) to see the speed of the terrain. Terrain highlights would be fast = green, slow = yellow, crawl = red.

Orientation in town - signs are great, still lost...can we have an overview map posted like you see at a park/mall/city upon entering the town? People will still use the in game maps once they can afford them to use features (current location dot, building info, custom notes, etc.)

[​IMG]

Drystone, mike11, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  2. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

Exits - why am I searching over 10 seconds (sometimes over 3 minutes!) trying to find the exit? Being surprise attacked from the overview map is already bad enough let's not make getting back on track a corn maze.

Drystone, smack, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't waste time looking for the exit: Press escape (or click the Options icon in the upper right), click "Exit to Menu" then click "Start on World Map".

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I really hope this function gets removed soon...

Atogrim likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why? Because wasting time looking for the town exit is adding so much pleasure to the game? I hope they add an "Exit to World Map" button to the screen.

Dorham Isycle and FrostII like this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Because it exploitative, removes all sense of immersion, and ruins any chance of exploration. Why even have anything beyond the town center if you can jump past it. Why give rewards weight when you don't have to fight back past the monsters to haul treasure out of the dungeon.

Its an unintended feature. So telling someone to use it as a crutch isn't helping. I'd be all for exits (at least, the exit from which you had to have just entered) being marked on the map/compass by default so you can easily find your way out, but being able to log to the world map from anywhere is bad.

Atogrim likes this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Still he has got a point. Marking town exits on the compass wouldn't break the game and make his (and the life of a lot of people) easie without the need of an exit button.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You are, however, assuming that YOUR version of immersion or exploration is the correct one.

One or two ventures into the current world of Overland "encounters" is more than sufficient for many of us to look for ways to - as quickly as possible - be on our way to where WE perceive the "fun" to be - where OUR "immersion" lies.......

Ah yes, the Immersion Perversion is alive and doing quite well in R18.....

9. smack

smack Avatar

As the person that originally made the suggestion to start on the overworld, it was purely meant as a workaround for players having technical issues loading certain scenes in previous releases. Should this option stay in the final release? Probably not.

Regarding random encounter scenes...those are a special case. I would tend to agree that you should be placed within visible distance to the exit, but not necessarily right next to it. You should be enticed to explore the scene and engage in the actual encounter for whatever neat/cool reward. You shouldn't be punished by forcing to find your way out if you don't have time and thus give up whatever reward is in the encounter.

10. mike11

mike11 Avatar

That's a cool map.

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sorry to have to tell you this, Illesac, but spending time on all the missing/inaccurate maps is not especially high on their current list of priorities - from what was said in the Hangout of the Avatar today....
    Personally (although I have spoken to a number of others and they completely agree) - I wish it was a higher priority - but it is what it is......:(

If you haven't seen it, here's the full video of today's Hangout.

12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I must be the only person who yearns for *more* random encounters. Why? Harvesting resources baby. LOL! I use my time looking for the exit grabbing up every available resource I can find. Five minutes later, BAM! I have my resource mini-haul and can go my merry way :)

Hazard and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.