A few minor annoyances that I hope get addressed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vasflam2, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

1. Only being able to enter a zone through one location. For example: I can leave Britanny through its South Gate but have to enter through the North.

2. Bridges on the over world map have narrow entrances. Can we please make it so these little bridges require less accuracy to enter.

3. Citizen NPC's and animals that group up and block paths in non combat areas.

4. The heartbeat sound continuing long after you are back to a full health.

5. This new frame hitching problem that is occurring if you move the camera to fast.

6. The length of time it takes to level your first/primary weapon skill. Can we please make it a little faster for your first weapon skill (blade combat, Polearm combat etc...)? I can understand every other skill requiring some time but this first one is purely a noob time sink. IMHO this should almost be a gift stat.

7. It is easy to miss when you are being addressed in chat. The Chat window should blink or something when you have been whispered to or your name has been used.

8. /Stats are a mess now. I know you are trying to do away or fix it but it is still useful

Sator Faryn, fantalio, Leelu and 13 others like this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

1. I would like to see some options like that "enter north" "enter east" ext...
    2. eh
    3. realism lol
    4. yes it needs to stop 1/2 or at least 3/4 way, I don't need to hear it if I have 299/300 hp
    5. performance coming.
    6. uh no idea what you are talking about, takes 3 minutes to level early skills
    7. yes I would like to see chat pop when your name is said.
    8. placeholder yo

Ravenclaw, Sator Faryn, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  3. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

1. Would be nice.

2. Not really a probleme but I agree they could be a little larger

3. And npc who walk on you and yell at you to be careful are annoying.

4. Don't know for this one I mostly play with no sounds

5. This will be fixed I hope

6. No. It's fine as it is now

7. You can make a second tab with Whisper, PArty and Guild chat only.

8. Right. It's completly messy and hard to read

4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Why are we posting bugs/issues here and not in the feedback area?

5. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

I've had this problem for years now and drives me crazy while playing. Running along then suddenly having my camera swung around to a random direction is game breaking.

6. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Because no one posts to the feedback threads. 8^p

Leelu and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Duke William of Serenite

Then it only serves to tell the public this game is buggy and needs work. That is all these posts accomplish.the EULA says that already.

Now if he were to post in the feedback forum with a constructive post on how the issues he finds can be fixed or at least post them so devs can be aware.

Are we here to help get this game launched bug free or whine to each other?

8. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

This is a general discussion forum, isn't it? Not inappropriate. Why post off topic?

From the Town Square forum header:
    "Have something to say about Shroud but you're not sure where to say it? This is probably the place to start!"

To stay on topic:

A chat popup would be great! The separate tabs arent helpful. I always find Im on the wrong tab and miss conversation.

Leelu, vassflam and Marcus Antoninus like this.
  9. Duke William of Serenite

Yes and its not the place for this post. Don't you guys want the devs to see your issues? That is what the feedback forum is for. Now if you guys want to discuss how a game in Alpha has bugs, be my guest but only you guys are seeing this not the devs.

Leelu likes this.
  10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If you go inside the walls on the overhead at brittany entrance, the various corners will put you at different gates on entry. I have a corner I go to to get to the west entrance.

Leelu, Zader, Kara Brae and 2 others like this.
  11. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Bridges really irk me, not so much due to size but because they stick out a little bit from the obstacles they're crossing, so you can't just follow the edge to cross them, you have to fiddle around moving away a little bit and then aiming as best you can for what looks like the entrance. Bridges have been more annoying than control points at times.
    None of the points are actually bugs; they could go in R29 feedback, but they're not really relevant to R29 content, they're just general suggestions inviting comment, for which the general discussion forum is perfect. The devs do check in here too and take note of what's being said :)

12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I get a little annoyed by the fact that as creature difficulty goes up, the corresponding loot stays the same or sometimes is less than say a level one skeleton.

13. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Trees that obscure the pathway to the bridge. I would like a no leaf mode when on the world map.

Leelu, vassflam and Ice Queen like this.
  14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I've been waiting for years now for loot to get fixed, I'm hoping next patch gives some variety and worth to loot finally. :) It's pretty terrible any level at the moment. It's either go grind something for swords or bows for money or go gather ore, and coinage dropped is bad no matter the level the creatures. Not really any rare crafting materials items drop either. :( I'm confident they'll get it all worked out though soon. :)

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    4EverLost and Leelu like this.
  15. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

Exactly! It would be nice if the entrance was more of a Funnel Shape \ / instead of a a Tube | |

Vaentorian and Sator Faryn like this.
  16. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I have a pretty long list of annoyances also. The one that gets me the most is not being able to talk as a ghost. It might make sense if it was just a matter of not being able to speak locally, but it's not like I could really whisper to someone on the other side of the world as a human anyway, so who cares? So tilting to be having a conversation with someone and then get cut off because you get killed.

Ice Queen likes this.
  17. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

1 agree but really low priority for me.
    2 agree but really low priority for me.
    3 I like to run through town in combat mode, cow will only be in the way one time.
    4 The heartbeat is so annoying I turned if off in game options.
    5 Agree, drives me crazy, turns me around in weird directions, very annoying, med high priority to me.
    6. Not sure what you talking about, you start with a 40 in blades bow or fire magic, and they fly up past that to start with. Churning Blugeon Polearm etc from zero, goes up very fast also. Most newbie tutorial areas if you look hard enough you can find a weapon of choice laying around somewhere, and get it to 40 on the training dummy before you even leave the tutorial area. (magic your kinda screwed, cause you'll need to find a trainer first for most of them)
    7. I create a second chat tab, the first tab is Guild, Noble, whispers, etc. second tab is only combat logs. Really helps to keep chatting and combat seperate. I wouldn't mind a feature such as you describe but I can also live without it, (of course the "Outlanders" guild is very small so I don't get much spam. and when noble chat is too active for my taste, I just move it to a third tab. so not a priority for me, but wouldn't fight you on it.
    8. I agree its really hard to find Adventure level, Producer level, and figure out what your crit chance, resistance, and avoidance levels are now. This would be a medium priority for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.