A few questions about pet taming.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Arn Magnusson, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Hello, I've been spending a bit of time with pet taming, nearing level 100 in summoning and enjoy using the pets a lot. One of the questions I have is, does placing a buff on your pet help its combat effectiveness? I usually place the buff Strength of Earth (skill level 76) on my Obsidian Destroyer, but noticed it does not effect the pets hit points at all, and wondered does it effect its damage output? I summoned a gust ball and did some testing as far as damage output with a buff, and without a buff and did not see any significant changes.

Second question is, if the buffs do not effect the pets, can the game be changed to allow this? I play a lot of the time solo, and treat my pet as a party member. The pet increases my survivability, and I would like to increase my pets survivability by being able to buff it, and have the buffs effects applied.

Third question is do pets have damage resistance and damage avoidance? If so do some pets have higher stats in relation to this than others? I noticed my Red Wyvern seems a bit squishy compared to an Obsidian Bear or an Obsidian Destroyer and thus wondered about this.

Thanks in advance,

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

there are a ton of posts on taming and the buffs used to help a little but I don not rem anymore I can test. As for damage very small amount of change.

Look for future updates to taming and look at the player created resources for ALOT more taming info

ATM specialization in taming is the only real boots

I jut put the Str buff on my pet 15 str I am sure is insignificant to a damg boost

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Duke Gréagóir and Degothia like this.
  4. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.