Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A game where the best gear is made by crafters ---Good Luck with That

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

Currently, In SoA, crafting difficultness is depend on PvM skill.
    Gathering resources needs high (for me and other lower level players) PvM skill.
    Because Mines are become just like dungeon. there are many, so too many enemies, and some time needs roller coaster!
    I just want mining, not hunting. offcourse not ride on a roller coaster.

But Now, I and other new comer need more high PvM skill for looking required recipes.

remember why you come to Novia. I think you want to spend more happy time than real world. don't you?
    at least I so.
    But Now, life in Novia is more hard than real world.
    Does anyone want to go Novia for more hard life than real world. So SoA will die.

• NPC vender should sell hard/supple leather strap recipe.
    • r-DotPhunty's plan is sounds good than current system. but its quests must not depend PvM skill.
    • new system commonly welcome. but it must not inflict a loss to new comer and lower level players.

I remember in old days, mining at ferucca. it was sometime danger, I 'd to run from Red Names.
    But I was happy than now.
    I strongly hope Novia become more happy place.

Thanks.

2. Aynola

Aynola Avatar

I agree.
    I want to play SOA to spend a happy time in Novia.
    Now, I am afraid coming new release, because of it is meaning Novia will change to the hard world.

At least, basic components recipes ( eg. strap, bind, and so on ) should be unified recipe, not in material.
    For example, supple leather strap and hardened leather strap to be unified leather strap.
    And NPC vendor should supply basic components recipes.

If I must fight strong mobs( tier 5 mobs are very dangerous for me ) for getting glorious rare artifact recipes only, I will fight with joy.
    But I never want that kind of fight to get almost normal recipes like NPC vendor had sold until R43.

It will cause to destroy normal players crafting life and SOA life.

3. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

Hmmm...
    hard world -> hell world ?
    :)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Aynola

Aynola Avatar

Exactly!
    Welcome to the Hell, it called Novia.;)

Leostemplar and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I agree with @Lace

I don't think that restricting recipe access like that is a good solution.

I suggested an event to protest.

I know that doesn't solve the problem but it's the best we can do for now.

6. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

I'll go to this event. It's 8/11 23:00 JST.
    Yes, we must to protest!

thanks.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

2017-08-11 2200 CDT would be 2017-08-12 1200 JST でしょうか?

Never mind, I don't know what time zone CST was, but it's 1100 CDT/NBT, which might be 2500 JST

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  8. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

@Lace Let me know which recipes you would like on my vendor at Diamond Fields. I'll scout around, buy and place them for bought value on the vendor!

Spend most of my time visiting towns to buy things so this would be little extra effort for me but maybe a big help for the starting crafters in Diamond Fields.

9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

@Lace or better yet, set up a donation chest for recipes at the crafting pavilion. I'll add what you need in the chest and you can then give them to the starting crafters!

Numa likes this.
  10. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, to appraise a group of people and make crafting meaningful you need to either cause scarcity of materials and or making recipes rare so not every vendor in every house in every district in every city can have them all, because if you want every player in every house in every district in every city in every province in game having the same straightforward list of stuff being able to craft them just by placing things in a table based on "recipes" they find on a certain website and ALSO wants crafting to be meaningful for anyone who will just don't bother specializing or using more "skills" and research to build their gearbook becausee recipes are so lame to find that every newbie got them all and you don't need to rely in anyone else to get your whole round sets and still want an economy ingame...

Well, then... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Black Tortoise likes this.
  11. Sir Leonard

Also, sorry for a bit of grumpiness about this, but it seems every time devs try to make something a bit more of a challenge and really more meaningfull and requiring a bit more of work and really bring strategies and choices to the game (you either focus on crafting this, and that, not all of i at once becaus its just trivial), people seems to start becoming overly defensive. And i trully believe that "making it difficult" is best for overall game health.

Ps: there are plenty of ways to overcome recipe challenges. And this is what makes it interesting.

Black Tortoise and Elwyn like this.
  12. Lace

Lace Avatar

Sorry @Sir Leonard but with how it is now I cannot convince my friends I have played with for decades and crafted with to play this game .. that is how it boils down for me. Sure go hunt but don't bother to try to catch up in the crafting game as it stands now and with more and more punitive nerfs for new players. Just my humble opinion.

13. Juvir

Juvir Avatar

I am a dedicated crafter myself @Lace and have been having more and more issues with the way the crafting system has been going. I'm not even GMd in all of the skills like you are, and to see you have been disillusioned by it after all the dedication you have put into it makes me sad.

14. yukimimiya

yukimimiya Avatar

at last teleson, I asked about this recipe probrem using chat.
    i got following answer.
    For getting recipe, salvage related item (more better current dropping)​
    i didn't have time (it was morning in Japan, So i had to go to my work for my wife and
    SoA life), So I could not get more detail information.
    does anyone have more info ?

Thanks.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Related to the topic but unrelated to the original post - I was pushing for artifacts to be salvageable for rare components so they could be put back into the crafting system, this way player crafted gear would still be considered the best gear in the game. A statistical portion of what makes the artifacts rare could be extracted through these rare components and then added to existing recipes. It would also create another market for artifacts.

16. Sir Leonard

Problem with catch ups is this: a consequence of a loose start being persistent. But giving everything to everyone is never the best approach to balance a system... who gamed the recipe system back there end up with everything "for free", who didn't, well, sorry "we are persistent but not released", so "advantage" to those who were here earlier.

I understand this frustration, but imho things should always be a bit harder and on the contrary, not democratic and nor "much inclusive", not softer... and rewarding accordingly, if we really want something meaningful. And the difficulties will set the focus.

I'll give devs some extra months to sort things out before "launch" before stating any final considerations, given even quests and main pathlines are seeming to just now be getting "real" content to play with (seriously, other paths in comparison to the oracle path are just pretty silly to play right now and i started to see a huge potential of unreleased content yet).

The whole crafting for me feels much of a placeholder, so no point in getting disappointed ith it just yet. Just saying. :)

Elwyn likes this.
  17. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I started crafting with passion a year ago but now I barely do any crafting.

I must be honest on this and for me the whole crafting system (not just the materials needed for one piece of gear) needs some serious fixes and improvements. We need more interesting mechanics and options, not just a few more bonuses. There is zero interaction and relation between good drop (pve) items and crafting, and that's a big mistake imo.

Agree with @Ancev;

18. Sir Leonard

Placing for instance, high end artifact salgaves that gives specific bonuses may improve the system. For instance, salvageing an attune ring, gets back some of that to place into your crafted ring. Or a cabalist weapon essence... optional stuff to add flavors and things like that.

And definitely can't separate crafting from pve. That's some of the core essence to it.

19. OrionSnake

OrionSnake Avatar

Agreed with @Lace

What I am pissed about is loot drop recipes. I personally don't think it's a fair implementation of this.

Leostemplar, zyxe and Hornpipe like this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think it's sort of an okay idea, but I don't think they comprehend the math behind the drop rates they need. I sure hope they've got stats on this that they can look at to see how few people are getting them.

And this is something that more population won't fix, because while there will be more people getting drops, there will likewise be more people wanting the recipes. Even more so if the drops are from "mid-level" monsters, then people who leave the game after a few months won't even become part of the supply. So it effectively won't change with scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.