A Monster Lore Book

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Nick, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Sotawiki's monsters list is not comprehensive.

Wouldn't it be nice if Port gives @Scottie a full list of monsters and their sketches to be published into a PDF that can be sold on the add-on store?

A simple description, their origins (if possible) and where to find them would actually suffice. I would certainly purchase that. :D

If scottie is not able to, perhaps they can put some relevant materials in dev depot and start a contest. Invite players to create their own versions using those materials.

@Lord British to judge and then gets the winner to add more contents to the book. His book listed in the add-on store and gets some cotos for every book sold.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I have pondered off and on the writing of Bloodgood's Bestiary.. Entries would need to be purposefully vague. ie Most varieties of wolves are typically found in forests... etc

Just too many varieties of everything in too many locations for a lot of specifics. Would love to see something more official though.

Manerd, Scottie, Alioth and 1 other person like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

Me too. Was simply thinking of doing a book on the rarer mobs, like Wyverns, Unicorns....etc. Monsters that new players probably will not know existed. Then I realize, heck, I haven't even seen them in game yet. :oops:

Thinking of having a basic list starting from when the Reapers were introduced. But I don't even know where to start. :p

Would love to see an official version.

Scottie and Feeyo like this.
  4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Great ideas. maybe as a starter folks could upload images 'here' (or somewhere you guys indicate) with ideally great action or scenic shots of the mobs in their habitats and a line or two from the image poster as to where they were found and any other useful facts (resists, damage types, vulnerabilities, habits etc). It wouldn't be quite what you guys suggest but it could be compiled from teh data provided to save you folks a lot of work and maybe would provide a useful forum sticky in the meantime.

Just a thought, butting out now :)

Nick, Scottie and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  5. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

That does sound like a fun project... I actually created a Bestiary book cover design that we've used in-game, so it would be perfect for it....

I sadly don't have the time to pursue it at the moment, but we should keep this in mind as a potential for later! In the meantime, I suppose folks could gather data here for what they'd like to see,...perhaps "pow-wow" with one another and come up with examples of what it might look like (especially if it could easily translate into an in-game book of some form or another)...

Scottie ^_^

6. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Awesome! I would love a bestiary that includes the stats of the creatures in game, including summoned and tamed ones (The entry would show the level of the player's summon/tamed pet).

Scottie and Nick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.