A plot of land

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Acrylic 300, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

For the 90% of us who won't own houses because we are too poor in real life. Could we get a plot of instanced land to mess around with? Nothing that would make the important rich people feel less powerful, but a meager place to grow a crop or milk a cow or hide a dragon.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

For a short period of time, UO had tents for players who couldn't afford a house. This was later replaced by a bedroll to facilitate safe logouts in the wilderness.

3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I seen in +google that LB would talk to the devs to see if it would be possible to make wilderness housing available so Only for you & friends to see. It wouldn't be in the persistent world so others wouldn't trip over it I'm guessing
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/112005436102690952317/posts/3a26fuDKA93

4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Owain; haha, false.

I placed 8 tents when UO launched, they all got deleted, but my tower didn't, dunno where you got your info but bedrolls existed and worked at the same time tents worked, in fact, bedrolls existed and worked in the beta before you could even buy a house deed, nice attempt at re-writing UO history though.

Cheap tent houses though, isn't a bad idea.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

Yes bedrolls came before tents. Tents provided you a lockable chest, a place to put a player vendor and be able to log out instantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.