Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A poll game to set up for SotA - Next nerf to do

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by gracy, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracy

gracy Avatar

After devs have killed taming in the R33, and probably make me leave this game, a good way to still have some fun could be: ... why not identify who is currently having fun in this game, and kill his beloved skill also? :):):)

This poll game is totally free and could give very high satisfactions seeing all the reactions of the possible target of the nerf!!!

I start this game proposing THE ARCHERS!!!
    yeeeeeaaaahhh, now they are really having fun, their skill is very nice, is the top of the moment, they are really effectives, more than other ... NERF IT!!!!!

good ways to do it could be:
    1. reduce their power to 5% of the current
    2. have them to to spend 80 million XP to have the same effectiveness of today
    3. let people that would like to buy a bow to have the need to be GM to be able to do so
    4. after 3 miss the bows will be destroyed and teleport the archer all naked in front of Lord British
    ... any other ideas are welcome

AND YOU, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING? COME ON AND PROPOSE "THE NEW NERF OF THE DAY"
    come on SotA gamers, propose your own nerf of the day, let's kill the skills that are fun on this game!!! ;);););)

2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Well I'm having fun so let's nerf melee 1 handed :)

Mitara likes this.
  3. Frosin

Frosin Avatar

Can we nerf being able to log in next?

Solazur, Snikorts and Katrina Bekers like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think you'll be hard pressed to find participants who haven't already had their playstyle/class nerfed....

5. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

What about a mining-license, a gathering-license or a hunting-license?
    500g for 3 hours of mining is surely a sum everyone would pay gladly. :confused:

Solazur, Snikorts, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  6. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

I'm a melee character as well as a tamer. The nerf to melee autoattack was bad but you could overcome it with skills, change of playstyle, using Crits etc etc but the nerf to Taming pretty much destroys the profession. For the sacrifices you have to make to use a pet (Necklace Slot, Focus Drain plus a whole Skill Tree of XP and rare resources to tame) its just not worth taming or summoning a Pet after the current nerf. Someone did the math, and you need at least 130+ in Summoning and Combat training to make the skill viable again.

For Example my Self Tamed Obsidian Wolf had 380hp with my taming skills in the 70s. I had a Focus Drain of around 70. Fair trade off I would say considering I also have to sacrifice a Necklace slot as well.

After Release my wolf now has 129 hp for 105 Focus Drain!. Thats with 70 Concentration, 73 Combat training and 70 Summoning - and just under 600 skill points invested n the Taming tree.
    Thats less than an Elemental. Sorry but Taming is pretty much dead right now. The trade offs in XP (a whole Skill TREE remember, not just one skill), Resources (need the rarest ore - silver), Focus Drain, Pet Death, a necklace Slot AND the time needed to train the skill (when you grind taming xp you don't gain adventuring XP, you just use up rare resources) is just not worth the gain now. I'm gonna stash my silver, stop training up my taming and wont even bother with my pet. Probably easier to grind up Fire magery and get myself a Fire elemental, least I get Adventure xp doing that and the resources needed are nice and cheap.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As they did with the mage focus costs, its one extreme to another. The focus regen masterwork got a 99% power reduction rendering it less useful than the additional item durability you'd get by having no masterwork at all.
    It seems that the nerfbat only has one setting - ANNIHILATE.

Kaisa likes this.
  8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Of course mages, they still have biggest DPS in the game + stun + aoe. Any other class dont have such combo.

9. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

But, like the Melee nerf, it doesn't completely destroy the usefulness of the profession, you can adapt and work it out.....it may make things less easy, but doesn't make the profession of Mage less viable.

This Nerf has pretty much made the whole Taming skill tree useless (apart from Heal creature, that's still useful - for self heals unless they've nerfed that as well)

10. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

I dont know if im having fun, im still waiting on my loading screen to finish...

Hate melee, so im glad they dont need to be nerfed. They are just so cocky thinking they can take on 4 mobs at a time...

So instead, I suggest nerfing the chat channel. Make it impossible to talk anything about mining and crafting in any of the chat channels, or maybe let them talk for a fee... :)

11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

No melee can't compare to magic or anything for that matter. It has less dmg than everything and 0 range

I surpassed my 2 weeks melee build in 1 hour using magic.

Side note crying tamers are making this a giggly day :D

Marcus Antoninus likes this.
  12. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

They need to nerf.... pack archers. lets see how many will stay in a group and all shoot at you before they even can get there blow steady, like they have guns.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  13. Aliana Berry

Aliana Berry Avatar

"Of course mages, they still have biggest DPS in the game + stun + aoe. Any other class dont have such combo."

Should not have said that as they will likly get nerfed next just like my tamer has been. They say they want to give us the ability to play the way we want and then when we play the way we want, they nerf it. The nerf on taming has also stoped me from even playing the game and I will not be spending another penny of my rl cash on it. They forget that in todays game market, there are so many games out there and that we have so many to pick from. Back when eo was out games were new and it was one of vary few. Now I do agree pets would be op in pvp, but there was a simple fix. Do not allow pets to be used in pvp areas. BTW I have level 91 tameing, 91 summoning, 83 Tame creature and 50 or above in all other pet skills. Now these skills I worked so hard to get, are worthless. :(

14. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

PvP can be done world wide so your solution to Taming nerf is remove the ability to tame?

15. Frosin

Frosin Avatar

Considering how slow tamed pet move, I somehow doubt they have that much effect in PvP in the first place...

Bow Vale likes this.
  16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Melee still 0 range but yeah none uses melee in pvp so I guess ur argument is valid

17. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

"Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

Just remember, it could be a profession you put alot of time and effort into next time.....

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  18. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

At this point it's been established that the tamer nerf make the pet useless even at high level. So the scaling will need to be adjusted accordingly to the level range.

Ideally I would like to see tamers progress through the game even at low level. For example, they should be able to use the wolf I highvale to fight in 1 skull zone, Large timber wolf in 2 skull, elder wolf in 3 skull, large spider in 4 and obsidian pet in 5 skull (doesn't have to be exact pets, but you get the idea).

It might be more productive to steer our discussion toward that direction because they can gather the data and work towards the adjustments sooner.

Threaten to quit would just be forcing them to do eyeball adjustment or take longer to make the playable one. Bashing the tamers for being upset about nerf would just cause toxic environment and should be refrained.

Again things can change if there are enough data to justify it (or sometimes data doesn't need, but helpful to have).

Rofo likes this.
  19. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Has been a few times and I went like QQ then remembered it's alpha and oh wait most important I want a balanced game.

Don't know if that's a religious quote if so keep it far away from me please.

Baalice likes this.
  20. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Ok, so they play around with numbers during an early development stage.
    What is the problem? It was OP before. If it is too low now, they will change it back to a medium level.

I would like to see that they actually use the time on the QA server to see what their theoretical numbers generate in praxis so that we have less whining in forums. But on the long run I have no doubts that they can manage a balance.

If you are spending so much time in the game and think its now totally lost ... dont play while the game is still under construction! Just, don't!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.