A Question for the Crafting Experts

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Boris Mondragon, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Good afternoon to all. I just have a basic question on crafting and leveling. Would there be any benefit to take any crafting skill (i.e. Mining/Smelting etc) over 100 or are crafting points better off spent somewhere else? Thank you for your time and input.

Acred, Time Lord and Rada Torment like this.
  2. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

Mining is a gathering skill and smelting falls under refining?

Most of the refining skills have recipes that require a certain level in the particular skill before you can craft the said item. But there really isn't a point at the moment to grandmaster them or bring them over 100.

For production skills like blacksmithing and carpentry, getting gm in the said skill will bring your % of crafting an exceptional item to 25%. It's generally viewed as xp in inefficient to level it beyond 100.

Then there's the mastery lines in some of the production trees. Getting them to 100 and above would reduce the chance of destroying your crafted item when you attempt to master them so you'll have to decide if is it worth it.

3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

It is good to remember that for production skills (carpentry, blacksmithing, tailoring..) we can reach that 25% exceptional chance using an Expert crafting table (+5%) + Prosperity/True Bronze tool (+5% proficiency) with only skill at lvl 80 (63% proficiency).

If you can use those, you save big amount of xp.

4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you Autumn and Rada for your advice as it will save me valuable xp dropped into the gathering skills. I am at 99 + mining so I will lock it at 100 and plan to GM the swift gathering only on the other gathering skills. Already used a True Bronze tool on the pickaxe, sickle, smithing hammer. If this was an RP thread I would state that I need to keep attacking overloaded cargo ships to help relieve them of their excess cargo. *Best Regards from the Elegant Pirate*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.