A Question From our Listening Audience

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Time Lord, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~This Post Comes from One of Our Non-Posting Biggest SOTA Fan Club Members~ @Sweetmcpwnsauce

I told him I'd post here because He'd like to hear answers from our community at large;

Sweetmcpwnsauce: Hey I have a question can you relay a post on thr topic of pvp for me?

Time Lord: Sure I Can! :D

Sweetmcpwnsauce: I don't know where you would put it but here I go.

From Our Greatest SOTA Forums Reading Friend @Sweetmcpwnsauce ...
    Why not have champ spawns like in UO, but make them exclusively for pvp zones that give rare materials apon killing the boss. It would give pvers monsters to kill and pvpers to fight other players.

Naturally pvers would group with pvpers to protect while they try to accomplish killing the boss to get the rare materials only avaliable to that champ spawn region. Possibly have multiple champ spawns per each region so not one region gets dominated by one group or by lag due to too many players trying to get the materials in that region.

Also have the Mobs scale to the amount of players in the area, yes this will be the most diffixult part, but could possibly be game changing when hoards of players are fighting and begin to have trouble with the Mobs and the players and have to really work to get those rare materials.

Possibly even have it have a certain amount of time to complete before it resets or disapates and isn't avaliable till x amount of time. It'll hopefully give pvers incentive to play in the pvp zone and will give pvpers and pvers a reason to group together for a single goal.

Thats the full post lol xould only fit 420characters per post and it was long haha but maybe change something in the making <];D

There are many people just like our great forums readership friend Sweetmcpwnsauce, but he's kind of special, because he is such a well read avid reader of our forums.
    ~I'll Let Our Larger Community Respond to Our Biggest Non-Posting SOTA Reading Fan~
    And Thanks for your comments responding to him...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The most classic example of this currently would be the dragon trio, which are located in the Grunvald Shardfall. As far as incentive for loot, therein lies the rub

3. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

this concept was done in UO yes but caused a lot of anguish within the community due to the fact it force those who only want to pve into a pvp environment so it really wasent a practical PVP game style it was more for those that wanted pvp to sit and wait for those that wanted to do the spawn IE pve and then run in and gank them knowing that they are going to get easy kills - it also got more disgusting when the pvp'ers would wait until the PVE group got the spawn through all the tiers and then the boss came out then the pvpers would jump in kill the pve group and kill the boss get the reward without any of the work

So no this is not the best course for SOTA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.