Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A question of Fauns....

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Gairloch, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

Today I was fighting in a mine and I ran into 3 different fauns (among other baddies) and I just left the fauns alone and ran on because I really didn't care about them. I was mining. However the third faun just hounded me until I killed him. No particular reason that I could figure and he kept casting compel on me and I couldn't run to him. This continued for about 5 mins and it forced me into a lake. Thought I might eventually drown but to my relief he ran over and jumped on top of me. My trusty sword cut off his head after a couple of swipes. What is with fauns? And btw whom ever thought the little critters up. Bravo!!! Is there a counter to compel spell? For future meetings?

2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Fauns will only attack when a Satyr is in rage. Unfortunately, the aggro radius is quite large and particularly in a mine there may be a Satyr that is not in your line of sight (i.e. behind a wall or something) but the Fauns will react to their presence regardless. If you can kill the Satyr, they'll stop attacking you.

Leelu likes this.
  3. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

I have killed the Satyr and he still casts on me, it's def glitches in that aspect I think.

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

That's possible, but also there might be more than one Satyr around :) But, I think I have experienced that, where they won't stop attacking. But usually they will once their masters are dead.

Leelu and uhop like this.
  5. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Yeah. Most the time when it keeps attacking I think it's just glitched, cause I am usually in a clear spot when they attacking. Might need to be submitted as a bug

Leelu and uhop like this.
  6. uhop

uhop Avatar

Alexander, Leelu and iansmellios like this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

So I just experienced a "Faun stalemate"

A single faun had me stuck in a loop of charm, root, and sun. It took me about 4-5 minutes to break freak from this, and I just ran away. I could only move a few pixels before one of these spells hit me.

Is there a specific tactic for handling this? Or is this AI in serious need of work? The little guy has infinite mana! Just rapid cast crowd control for minutes on end... I honestly just avoid any scene that has these things.

Leelu, uhop and iansmellios like this.
  8. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Def needs a rework

Leelu likes this.
  9. uhop

uhop Avatar

What I "liked" the most, is that, when I could move, my buttons were remapped, so instead of running from the faun I frequently got closer. And by the time I figured out the new mapping, I got immobilized again. Obviously, the next time I could move, my buttons got remapped differently. Truly it was a "faun stalemate".

Leelu and iansmellios like this.
  10. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Fauns do mesmerize if you come in their aggro range. So the foremost thing is: kill Fauns first. If you have more than 1 Faun on you you will be perma stunned, rooted, mesmerized, quite annoying. @Devs I would suggest to overhaul the resistances of crowd controls. CCs could be parted into 2 categories: Great-CC where you are unable to interact as it is Stun, Mesmerize and Knockback. After this the player could have a buff for lets say 10 seconds immune to every kind of CC. The 2nd category would be lesser-CC like Root and Slow maybe Silence if it is in game yet where you can still interact because you are only hindered. After this CC the player could also receive a buff of immunity against lesser-CC.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Leelu and ship2 like this.
  11. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I hate those things. I keep getting stun locked until I'm dead.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

The problem is that all mobs have infinite focus. Devs said if their focus bar would deplete on use of spells and skills, players would exploit it by making them use up all their focus and then kill them which is an explanation I find dubious since mobs have no problem having players use up focus especially when there is a gang of those mobs stun locking, casting infinite fireballs, infinite heals, etc. I would want to see evidence that a mob using up its focus pool is exploitable.

cartodude, Technowitch, ship2 and 3 others like this.
  13. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

The devs need to come up with a better solution than just allowing for infinite focus on NPC spell casters.

14. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

Agreed. Either give 'em infinite focus OR the habit of doing chain stun-locking (until focus runs out), not both.

Honestly, I hate fauns. Once in Far Hinterlands, I saw a gang of about a dozen of them, all running together. Probably a glitch, but still.

Alexander and Kambrius like this.
  15. mass

mass Avatar

Be aware that you take a virtue hit for killing fauns.

I agree with most that they are probably glitched to some extent. But also, if you accidentally hit a faun, he will continue to fight after the satyr is dead. My basic attack is a short distance AOE; a few times I've had the faun run past and accidentally hit'em. Then he gives you no choice but to kill him (and by 'no choice' I mean he makes your life very inconvenient, so you think, 'virtue be damned' and kill his dumb a**).

uhop likes this.
  16. Gix

Gix Avatar

Wanting to kill Fauns doesn't magically give you the ability to do so.

If I get 3 fauns on me, it's game over. For the brief moment where I can move, I'm confused and move in a completely different direction (ie: backwards)... not that it matters too much because I can only move a pixel before getting rooted yet again. I can't even let myself die because Fauns don't deal damage.

How about some diminishing returns or having a finite focus pool like many have mentioned?

Yeah, god forbid the use of strategy. They've created an edge-case with these Fauns; how hard can it be to code focus cost on specific abilities used by NPCs?

... Or make them leash sooner... ANYTHING!

Kambrius and mass like this.
  17. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

My elementals automatically attack Fauns.

18. mass

mass Avatar

I just tell my spider to get'em.

Can you make them passive like pets? If you're worried about virtue, you may have to dismiss them around fauns.

19. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yes, you can set them to passive. I was just posting it as caveat to others who might be worried about virtue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.