A real drag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leffy, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Although not life ending, would it be possible to drag items to our avatar-not inventory list/pack- and drop the items into inventory without either changing weapons/gear or getting the "Can't switch weapons while in combat"? It happens with gold a lot, and who would use gold as a melee weapon? The screen is already cluttered with windows, and having to keep more open to drag loot(especially gold) is....a drag.

kbruder and Jordizzle like this.
  2. Elhaym

Elhaym Avatar

You clearly haven't tried to steal something in ADOM, shopkeepers in that game use them as shurikens.

3. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I have read of cultures that sharpened the edges of their coins so they were essentially throwing stars you could toss at people! Funfunfun.

I do hate that if I pick up something in that way, it equips it. I've almost died a couple times because I didn't realize I suddenly equipped a pickaxe when I picked it up off the ground. It's annoying, but gradually I just remember that certain things have to be picked up certain ways, and most times those messages flash so fast I don't get to read them anyway and barely see them as it is so they don't bother me. I don't mean to denigrate what you're saying though, I agree with you that it's annoying and I would like to see this changed also.

Elhaym likes this.
  4. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

No worries to disagree or agree-we are all different and see things differently. Now if we could perhaps get a "stone of coin sharpening" implemented, you just might be onto something! It's just one of those annoying things I can't seem to break from my old days. I'm not a huge fan of the chat box as it is, but it's what we have and I do use it quite a bit. The less items I can have on my screen, the better for these old eyes.

5. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Gold being equipped as a weapon when dragged onto the player? This has not happened to me yet. .It sounds like a bug, have you checked to see if its been reported or anything?

6. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

To clarify, it doesn't equip the gold-just flashes the message that "you can't change weapons during combat". I don't think it's a bug per say, but I am far from an expert in that field. Anytime you pick up an item and just drop it on your avatar-as one would do in another wildly successful Garriott game-it equips that item (if you are not in combat mode). I can understand items, but gold? Just very annoying, but not the end of the world by any means.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.