A Reed in the Wind of Time. By a newb who should have bought dash.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Jason of Pinewood, Mar 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason of Pinewood

Jason of Pinewood Avatar

Hello To All Who Read This.
    Good Morning, Good Evening, and Have a Safe Night.

Jason here. thought I'd stop by the forums and Say Hi. Like many others UO poped my mmo cherry and I've been playing the field ever since.

Lets see, I believe this to be day six of my journey in this new and exciting yet very dangers lands.

Take last night, on a stroll from one town to another. a passageway to be crossed to reach the town marked with blue sparkles. I eat my meal and cast my buffs. I think to myself how hard can this be it is only one orange elder wolf, no wait this now counts is to three. with luck of the cards or maybe how i shuffled them, I stack my heals as they come up. After skinning them and packing up the rest I am greeted by happy go lucky elfs who's only wish is to help me work my defense up higher. you see they knew what I did not.
    up and around the corner I took off, Oh ****. is what I thought. As what stood before me was a Very Large and pissed off Troll with only one thought, I Must Murder this newb fawk !! He was off to me with a dash, he swung left, I dodged right. the chase was on no room for error. he swings again and its a miss, then a seconded strike and that to was a whiff....oh look a dogie wants to go for a run too, just great. oh ****, oh **** get up get up, come on for jeebus christ get up !! oh crap i'm dead less than 20% of health left. sweet I'm up. I resume my running, Hp pot and spam heals as I flee. I turn to see if he is still hell bent to destroy me. luckily the wolf and troll were fighting over who would get to kill me. I wounder to this day would they still be at each others throats had they known three elfs laid in wait. true to their history, look at that. one arrow just right of center, now a second and third arrow stuck right in me....Wait, what...so dark.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Welcome to Novia Jason. Im Lana. It is fortunate that resurrection stones are prevalent in our lands, for many dangers lie for us avatars and all too quickly things go from "Hey, this is working out" to "Hmm dead" in not very long. As you get used to our new land you'll recognize some signs, and it will be come easier as you become stronger.

I wish you luck and fortune on your adventures if you see me, do say Hi!

Womby and FrostII like this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Welcome Jason of Pinewood. Novia is indeed a dangerous place. Why only yesterday I found this poem clutched in the hand of a skeleton while I was out gathering resources:

WARNING

"It isn't far" she said to me
    then added "everything is free".
    "Minerals, hides, cotton, suet -
    why do you hesitate - let's do it!"

And so I tagged along with glee
    hoping for these things to see
    and yes, in truth, she did not lie
    the things she spoke of I did spy...

But what she failed to clarify
    was that we were about to die.
    Given that I'll soon expire
    I'll warn you of a threat most dire.

Here's the thing I wish I knew:
    OOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOO

4. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

How many times may we 'like' this?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome @Jason of Pinewood !!!!

Feel free to add me to your friend list in game and whisper if you need help or advices. Happy hunting and safe travels!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome! See you in the adventure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.