A small pvp competition

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Nick, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

How about a PVP competition presided by our Lord British over a weekend? In home town or maybe a POT owners might want to convert his town to a big battle arena. All players should leave their gear at home and use gears available from NPC vendors or those unlootable gear. (Make it full loot maybe?)

We get 8 teams of 8 if possible (32 vs 32). Bribe them, I mean grant them some cotos for participation. (main accounts only)
    Divide the teams to Virtue and Chaos.

4 Virtue team gets to hide behind a castle walls like all cowards do. The 4 chaos teams will be the heroic ones to storm the gates.

Winning side gets knighted by either LB or DS. (depends who win) and given a special title.

The tech people can look at all the combat logs and grant a few titles.
    (e.g Top healers get a unique title like 'Bringer of Life')
    Maybe even observers can get a title like 'The Watchers'

Its been a long time since port did anything interesting. I believe a simple event like this will be well appreciated. If performance is an issue. We can half the size? 16 players vs 16 players.

Maybe stream the event live? Just another wish... :p

2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I think it's high time we revisited the death of Lord British. 3-v-LB

Jaesun and Nick like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why do oyu need LB (or devs) to do this, set it up, organize it, figure out how to control it, promote it.

Build it and they will come.

Jaesun, FrostII and Boris Mondragon like this.
  4. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Because Port needs to show some support for all in-game activities and help promote them. It's not all dance parties in here. I hope they come up with some stronger support for the community in all facets of play.

They've got a lot of great features and officially organizing PvP will broaden the player base and add more players. I don't care personally about PvP beyond arena-style, but I know it's a lot of fun when done well and rewarded in-game. They've started that; it's time to flesh it out and hold official events.

5. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I agree in everything except the gear limit, if the idea is to make them collect data about the pvp combat situation they have to take in consideration even the impact that gear has in an end-game contest.
    What about tiers based on Alvl? Maybe 5v5 under 100 and 5v5 over 100 or something like that.
    They don't have the tech for 16v16 Now i guess.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is a double edged sword here, Chris has already fallen on it ALOT. If you look into the PvP world they have been given ALOT of support in the way of Trophies and such for the PvP world.

What this is asking for is them to set up , what? A 2v2 5 v 5 , teams , what? He said a few guys on one side and few guys on other other and they fight for????

In the end how are you going to stop 5 more guys from jumping in from the back side?

How do you adjust for somoni like Atrax and 4 of his crew who are PvP masters from just taking over?

There is soooooo much more involved with organizing something PvP then just - "Port, set it up." They have worked ALOT to create content and Pvp areas.

I ran a HUGE fishing tournament designed the methodology, set up rules and gave out the prizes. I did not need port. Titanforge ran a HUGE tourney.

These take resources , time effort.

PvP has a town arenas, shardfalls, . . . . There is Obsidian Trials that track and award winners?

Also there is a weekly PvP tourney that has gotten it own trophy.

Sooo again my point it design it organize it and work on solutions to any possible problems and sure those solutions might need Port to help and that is when you ask them for help.

People are going to CRY, about - they run dance parties they run fishing events, . . . . They actual do not do anything but show up. Fishing is there they just put a timer on it, like I did, and have the ability to generate more meaningful rewards. They really had to do nothing but be there and read data off the fish.

in closing again Build it, then ask for support / help.

If you really want to try and create one, I have said before let me know I am sure I can put some effort in and create a meaningful ANYTHING, it will just be how to control something like PvP and it being interrupted that will be the hardest part.

7. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I own Titanforge, and I ran that tourney. I ran it all week and put in 40 hours of data entry minimum. I was scoffed at by Port for not using the forums correctly. Chris mentioned the tourney I think two days before it ended. I am doing my own thing with the tools they bring to the table. I did not asked for help, but I wasn't treated well when I did.

Thanks, weins...

Their community management is in the tank. They aren't working to encourage people to use their own systems. This aspect needs improvement.

I do not want to tell them how to do their job, especially since I'm not the target audience for this.

8. Nick

Nick Avatar

Idea is having Port to get people together. Gear limit makes it more appealing for non pvpers to participate. Can always make it no loot no ransom. As for tiers, I don't have any opinion. :p

Players build, not many come. Its their game, perhaps they should show some love? @Lord British hasn't been really active. Perhaps all it needs is for him to decree a tourney be made in the official pages. Players I believe will be more interested in participating something led by our liege than say, a Fool like me. Start a contest for a Battle Arena. Invite guild leaders to help plan and arrange this small event. Maybe get one of the dev (The one who pvps) to head a small discord channels with the more prominent players to discuss how such an event be run.

Invite them to be bouncers? I dunno. Its an awareness to raise the profile for the game.

In the end this is their game, they really should do something about it. It shouldn't be time consuming for time. They do not have the bandwidth, but the players have. Just tell us what to do. Richard is a creative director right? :)

9. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Boris Mondragon, Dhanas, Nick and 3 others like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Now as nick said you have already created it, add a twist that you cannot do that might need a Dev Boost. Or talk them into just partaking as LB on one Team and DS on the other. Turn in their body Parts at the end for Heads, So no matter what Hand, or other part everyone gets a Head, only if you kill them

Now I do not know if there is ressing or how you manage it but I will look at the link.

TY

Boris Mondragon and Nick like this.
  11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Should be great if devs attend it this time, and come to do those famous "STRESS TEST", that can be a great opportunity to test FPS, lag and gather data from PVP combat.
    Last time, we invited them, but they didn't come, maybe we will try to advertise it better this time.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I will be happy to help out if you need a ref or just someone to behead :(

13. Nick

Nick Avatar

We need Port endorsement in such events and publicize in the main pages, blast it in the weekly emails to player. Let folks know that @Lord British is coming, come support and defend (or kill) our liege!
    Have a Royal Warrant for a PVP event. Make it a big deal, excite the player base. Let people who don't pvp participate try it without fear. :p

Dhanas and T r i n i t y like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.