a strange idea

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Roper Docholiday, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

see and that was my intention of this post. to create situations that pvmers want to do that and not obsolete rewards that dont really create an enviroment that is condusive to actually getting players their. by no means was any of my ideas or concepts a way to trick the causual player into a situation of pvp they didnt want to. it was to create an enviroment that people who dont like pvp will go mmm i might risk that for some fun. not one that forces players that dont want pvp into pvp situations.

that and i truly have a distaste for the concept of risk vs reward by increasing mobs and drop rates in pvp areas the only risk is to pvmers and 0 risk to pvpers

2. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

The best way to make PVE players want to participate in PVP is if you can completely remove the human element away from the PVP objectives - by that I mean make everyone faceless and just like a mob...so that nobody knows who is who and no one player is more of a threat than the next, or gets targeted more than the next, basically so nobody is important or even noticeable.

Zerg situations are good, you'll often see casual players jumping into a mindless zerg situation...again you need to remove all identifying marks from all players so it's just one equal tribe vs another equal tribe...as if everyone was just a mob.

The problem with getting PVE players into PVP is they often feel it's a personal thing (and it often is, you get spawn camping, name-calling, rez killing, stalking, and teabagging and so on...none of which a mob will ever do).

Maybe a good way to get PVE players to do PVP would be to turn all our avatars into even smaller versions of our overworld map selves but still on a giant stylised map, so we were just little toy soldiers attacking each other on a strategic map - nobody would know who the hell anyone was so it would never feel personal and drama over the outcomes could never creep beyond the PVP scenario. Basically taking the anonymity of the zerg to the most extreme, so it becomes an abstracted and stylised minigame.

[​IMG]

And (as in your example) use the outcome of a massive faceless battle like this to decide who claims the pass.

3. smack

smack Avatar

I really believe that Richard is going to entice even the most anti-PvP player into trying out PvP in some parts of the main storyline. Not because he wants to force you into PvP but will make it so enticing / rewarding that you will be tempted to do so if only temporarily. No idea what that would be but if we believe in choices and consequences in a multiplayer story that he and Tracy wrote, it will be interesting and likely devious/subversive.

4. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

No consequences to death and killing leads to people killing you over and over doing the corpse camp.

Don't confuse pvp with arseholery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.