Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A way to view names of movable/clickable objects?

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by linuxgnuru, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxgnuru

linuxgnuru Avatar

Just a thought; would it be possible to have a hotkey or someway to (similar to n to show names) show 'names' or some sort of information of clickable/movable objects such as books?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. Darstina

Darstina Avatar

mhh.. a table is a table, a chair is a chair.. so why then name(plates)? ;-)

3. linuxgnuru

linuxgnuru Avatar

What I mean is; I'd like "a book" to at least be able to read or if nothing else have a better description than "a book"

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm sure they have something planned for "mouse overs", but a button to see "all" objects, I dought it.

For now, all you need to do is hover your mouse pointer over an object, if it changes to a bronze color, then you can manipulate that object. Lights go on/off, switches are thrown, doors open, etc and if you click/drag the object it maybe lootable.

If you're trying to drop an object to the ground, that part of the game isn't working yet, but if you have claimed a plot, you can decorate inside/outside of your house. Most objects turn green where it is ok to place them, and red if you can't. Books are not readable yet, and most objects can be turned around with Q/E keys.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Some items have these; for example, trapdoors have a mouseover that show what type of basement they lead to. I would like books to show their titles, and bottles to show their contents, since that information isn't available just by looking, but most items do not need this.

I don't think a hotkey is necessary tho. This isn't Diablo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.