A what point in crafting a weapon does exceptional matter?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Tahru, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes, I'm hoping they reply "or don't reply" in this thread inquiry. Chris has often times said something to the effect that "unless there's a real problem"... about many things, but I feel safe with the asking.
    I can say that I took it out for trial tests today and found it to have quite a delay after commands given (as previously described here in this thread) and also that often times, 1 out of 10, voiceattack will misinterpret what was spoken, resulting in actions totally not intended. ~TL~

necronut likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Looking over it, it looks like it's still mostly accurate. Other than weapon strength damage, which was changed to just strength, all of those bonuses still exist. Major stat bonuses and heavyweight bonuses for 2h were added after this. I can't think of anything else that's missing, but I might be forgetting something. Most of the enchantment and mw changes have been to the system. The enchantments and mws themselves haven't changed much since they were introduced.

FrostII, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  4. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Violet Ronso, Time Lord and necronut like this.
  5. necronut

necronut Avatar

I hadn't considered it, actually. I figured taking his hands out of the equation completely might've made him happier.

Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

I'm just assuming that he still button presses to some degree, perhaps making that easier would help.

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Truly thanks for the thought! :) but that monster looks like a nightmare torcher of carpal tunnel pain :D I do have a Razer Naga programmable mouse I once used but quickly abandon. Most of my gaming hand problems are in my left hand. My right has the same issues, but operating a very simple mouse and using a very simple melee character (not needing to move around much), my right hand has less button pressing to do. When I tried the Naga, that just moved some of the button pushing from my left to my right, which has the same problem as my left, only to a slightly less degree. Everything in great moderation are the confines when a person gets hand issues. It just becomes a search to always find new ways to enjoy the things a person can do. Gaming controller games, like X-Box and Play Station are even far worse.

All of the above is why "Auto-Swing" is so important that Chris left it in the game so that players like me (of which there are "many" more than me) could enjoy our moderate to low level content, unless we're in a hunting party. That's what I've been working on recently and the subject I bring to this thread, adapting a very good group healer character into an auto-swing character, so I can be of much more use in groups.

When it comes to auto-swing where weapons could make the difference, I cherry picked these from this thread and highlighted the one's "I think will help in yellow":
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ongoing-enchant-and-masterwork-list.61125/

Special Blade Masterworks:
    Coup de Grace: +10% Coup de Grace Damage (-15 Durability)
    Rend Damage: +10% Rend Damage (-15 Durability)
    Rend Length: +10% Rend Length (-15 Durability)
    Riposte Power: +10% Riposte Power and Duration (-15 Durability)
    Slash Damage: +10% Double Slash Damage (-15 Durability)
    Thrust Damage: +10% Thrust Damage (-15 Durability)
    Whirling Blades: +10% Whirling Blades Damage (-15 Durability)
    Durability: +30 Durability to Item (Level 98)

Special Bludgeon Masterworks:
    Break Armor Power: 15.6% Break Armor Damage
    Break Weapon Power: 15.6% Break Weapon Damage
    Crushing Blow Power: 15.6% Crushing Blow Damage
    Crushing Blow Stun Length: 15.1% Crushing Blow Stun Length
    Crushing Blow Stun Chance: 4.5% Crushing Blow Stun Chance
    Knockback Knockback Chance: 4.5% Knockback Chance
    Knockdown Knockdown Chance: 4.5% Knockdown Chance
    Durability: +30 Durability to Item (Level 98)

General Masterwork on Weapons:
    Weapon Critical: +3% Weapon Critical Chance
    Weapon Critical Damage: +5% Weapon Critical Damage
    Weapon Damage: +3.8% Weapon Damage
    Weapon Base Damage: +0.3 Weapon Damage
    Weapon Strength Damage: +3.8% Weapon Strength Damage

Spell Damage: +3.8% Spell Damage (Wands)
    Spell Critical Damage: +3.8% Spell Critical Damage (Wands)

Enchantment

Strength (Gloves, Boots, Helm can get +1 or +2, Chest, Legs +2 or +4)
    Intelligence (Gloves, Boots, Helm can get +1 or +2, Chest, Legs +2 or +4)
    Dexterity (Gloves, Boots, Helm can get +1 or +2, Chest, Legs +2 or +4)
    Minor Focus +10 Focus -10 durability
    Minor Health +10 Health -10 durability
    Focus +20 Focus -20 durability
    Health +20 Health -20 durability

These below are if you GEM the item before enchanting you have a chance at one of these.

Fire - Ruby - Sorcery - Jewelry
    Ignite Chance: 1.5% Ignite Chance (Jewelry) - Need Ignite: On Hit Weapon on this
    Weapon Swiftness: 1% Weapon Swiftness (Jewelry)

Fire - Ruby - Sorcery
    Fire Damage: +2.5% Fire Damage (Weapons)
    Ignite: On Hit (10%): 1-3 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds (Weapons)
    Fire Range: +10 Fire Range (Chests)
    Weapon Swiftness: On Hit (5%): +10% Attack Speed (-40 Durability) (Chests)
    Water Resist (No durability cost) (Chests)

Earth - Emerald - Gaiaism
    Tremor: On Hit (10%): 5-22 Earth Damage (Weapons)
    Stone Arrow: +24% Obsidian Arrow Strength Bonus (Wands)
    Weapon Power: On Hit 5% Weapon Strength Damage, +33% Weapon SD for 60 seconds (Chests)
    Strength of Earth Power: +20.7% Strength of Earth (Chests)

Air Resist: 13.6 Air Resist (No durability cost)

:) Do you think I missed any or chose one that wouldn't apply?
    I'm looking to putting together a shopping list of things I could possibly craft that would specifically effect the auto-swing (speed & damage).
    As you can see, it looks like most enhancements have a button push skill attached to them.
    The search is on! :D~TL~

FrostII likes this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Seems to me @Chris could create an auto attack skill. If one has several attack skills trained the auto attack skill would still auto attack, but some percentage of those attacks would draw from the skill pool. This would allow the somewhat disabled player to progress beyond the simple areas of the game, yet not be overpowered for normal play. Something to think about.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thus far, I think voice-attack would/does help improve hunting. It does sometimes do stuff on it's own and it also sometimes doesn't seem to listen, but I can see it being tweaked to accommodate style, though coming nowhere near being able to compete in anything.

The problem thus far is to not introduce a skill that would take away anything from any of the glitter which our card-combat provides "the game", while also not giving any advantage over normal players.

But what I could see, is throwing we auto swingers something more in the way of weapons enhancements, because after having studied the list, all I could come up with were those I highlighted in yellow. Even a few speed or damage points added to any of these would make a huge difference, without taking anything from (what seems) the much better other enhancements attached to button skills.

I also don't think we're a high priority, which leads me to think that a few more points on those highlighted weapons enhancements may be the cheapest and easiest direction in solution.
    That is to say, "I think the solution is in the equipment" (or at least some help for those like us).

Voice attack is clunky but fun, yet it's extremely far from being any Midas vs Noisy Boy from the movie Real Steel...
    [​IMG]

~TL~

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Aldo likes this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

All of the below are decent options for you as well @Time Lord . On hit effects have a chance to proc when you hit (weapons) or when you get hit (chest), meanwhile the attack speed masterwork on gloves will increase your base attack speed, meaning more damage.

They are also situational, as you might want the banish undead one for when you are fighting undead, or the drain health one in fights you barely manage to survive!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The best immediate improvement you can get with auto attack is berserkers stance. It will just about double your dps or more.

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

So, this is the weapon I came up with after some shopping:

Two Handed Hammer of Gaiaism +16
    crafted by: Hammer Sexy
    durability max 120

+5 weapon damage
    +8% weapon critical chance
    +15% weapon critical damage
    +0.1 damage resistance
    +70.9 health
    +30.8 strength
    +17.2% weapon durability effectiveness
    +35.8% crushing blow damage
    +20 earth atonement
    -25 poison effectiveness bonus
    -70 maximum durability

I have no idea what those last two things mean, but I'm assuming it doesn't matter much, as this seems a very good "Auto-Swing Weapon".

What do you think? Are there better to be had out there? I don't know o_O...

I'll be using this until I can find better, "but that's allot of shopping!"
    ~TL~

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Looks like a tanky hammer. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

-25% poison effectiveness simply means that if you use a poison, it's damage will be 25% weaker than its supposed to.

-70 max durability is simply that this hammer had 190 durability before Hammer Secy started masterworking/Enchanting it.

Yes, for sure, but I think you would need one custom made for you, as I doubt any crafter would go for what you want without a custom order.

In the meantime, this is still a very good hammer!

Aldo and Time Lord like this.
  15. LordEnglish

LordEnglish Avatar

If you're using auto attacks, you're going to want to invest a bunch of XP into the Weapon Preservation skill on the Tactics tree. It will also be beneficial to get the "weapon durability" enchant for the same reason. You will be repairing that weapon frequently!

Here's some more ways to boost auto-attack damage that aren't button-mashing related:
    • They weren't highlighted above, but any of the gem-first enchants which add a damage proc will help (earth: tremor, fire: ignite, air:galvanising blast, sun:scorching ray, death:life drain). These have a chance to proc on auto attacks, so will increase overall DPS. Note you can't get these on bows, only on melee weapons.
    • Ignite Weapon from the Fire tree. Buff lasts a reasonable amount of time, especially if charged, so hopefully is suitable for not being "button mashy".
    • Armor Weak Points in the Subterfuge tree gives a crit chance boost for weapons.
    • Anything giving attack speed bonus will help considerably too. If you're only doing auto-attacks, 10% attack speed is also 10% DPS.
      • Items: Savage Sash of Swiftness/Spider Silk Belt + Lavalierre of the Lagomorph spring to mind. There might be some others I can't immediately think of.
      • Light armor tree has a passive weapon speed boost, Swiftness.
      • The imbued jewel from the Savage Sash of Swiftness (Imbued Jewel of Swiftness) is +5% attack speed, but they are not going to be cheap to get your hands on! These would go onto rings, assuming you are using a Lavalierre of the Lagomorph as suggested above.
      • There is also a Potion of Haste, which I think is attack speed bonus too.
    Someone mentioned bows... there is at least one extra way to get attack speed boosts on bow (imbued elven string of speed), such as the recipe here.
    1 X Hard Maple Long Bowstave, 2 X Imblued Elven Bow string of Speed: 10.00 Dexterity, 10.00 % Weapon Damage, 15.00 % Attack Speed, 0.10 Damage Resistance, 10.00 % Rapid Fire Damage

What type of weapon is the character trained in? I can check through my "didn't get the exact enchants/MWs I wanted" pile, see if I have something of use to you. I know for sure I have some discarded bludgeons with the Tremor proc on them.

FrostII, Adam Crow, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Truly thanks for the offer, but I do have a very buffed up smith.

However, I also find what you state here to be greatly helpful, so I copied it into my "what to do" PM archive I keep on this and other subjects.

The pursuit of enhancing our auto attacks is noble subject all unto it's own, as it draws on so much from many directions to address something that is an actual pain relief for some.
    :)~Time Lord~:thumbs up:

Adam Crow likes this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@LordEnglish What do you mean by "gem-first enchants" ?

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Enchantments that only appear if you have socketed a gem first, such as attunement, on-hit effects, Spell power+, etc.

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Do you know of any guides that show the differences between "when" socketing is done, @Violet Ronso ?

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yes! I usually use this reference picture (that I pinned in my old guilds discord).
    [​IMG]

*The effects listed above can only happen if your item is socketed

There is at least 1 enchantment missing, the Solar Flare enchantment that can be applied on Chest Armor pieces, if others are missing, I've forgotten about it.

There is also This wiki page that is mostly up to date, missing some stats on the effects, but pretty much every effect is there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.