1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68957] Abigail is Confused

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Bedawyn, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

03/30/2021 19:31
    Title: Abigail is Confused
    Reproduction Rate: 2/2
    Blocker? Yes, for this quest
    Details:

While speaking to Abigail, I clicked "Daughter" and received the appropriate "She's with Edvard" etc. set of responses. However, before I responded, real life intervened. While I was distracted for a moment, Abigail closed the chat window herself. On re-opening it, I found she would no longer give me the response choices necessary to complete the quest. Instead, I get the "Perhaps someone should search?" set. I haven't seen these in quite a while, but last time I did, it was impossible to complete the quest with them, since I'd already rescued Charlotte but Abigail wouldn't acknowledge it. Leaving and re-entering the scene did not resolve the problem. Logging out and re-entering did resolve the problem, but that won't help a newbie encountering it.

Also #1: Her responses to "Johan" and "husband" are inappropriate, since she never gave me a chance to tell her that Johan was dead.

Also #2: Her description of what happened at Solace Bridge (Johan sent her and Charlotte away, and they were separated shortly afterwards) doesn't match what Johan says in his note (that he sent Abigail away on her own and he stayed behind to look for Charlotte). (His version makes more sense -- if the three were together, why would he have stayed behind instead of going with them?)

Also #3: There are several grammatical errors in Abigail's speech:
    (A) "I'm be worried for my baby" (should be "I'll")
    (B) "I am quite consumed... to pay attention" (should be "too consumed", or else the sentence structure needs to change).
    (C) "I don't what I'll do" (missing the "know")

Steps to Reproduce:

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1372.Date.03.27.21
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (48.4, 33.3, 166.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoNDguNDE0LCAzMy4zMjYsIDE2Ni43OTcpfCgwLCAwLjg3NSwgMCwgLTAuNDg1KXwyMzguNDAxN3wxMHwxLjI1

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #68957

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Bedawyn , I'm looking into this right now. The response that gives you the "Perhaps someone should search?" conversation choice occurs because you didn't walk through a certain Battle of Solace Bridge tutorial trigger that gives you the "You hear faint crying from the nearby burning building!" message. The trigger is only available in the "before" version of the scene and isn't there if you return to it later. The good news is that it's not required and if you do rescue Charlotte, even if she dies you should be able to progress with Abigail. Because you mentioned you took Charlotte, I believe there's a "hole" in the logic that allows you to have TWO possible responses from Abigail instead of just one. When you have two equally-viable responses, the system randomizes between the two. It's my theory that you can keep saying "daughter" or "help" to Abigail and eventually you'll get a response that will let you progress in the quest. Even so, I'll be adjusting the logic to remove that logic-hole so even if my theory about your situation is wrong I'm hoping the conversation situation will be fixed by next release.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thanks, @Sannio! Yes, I was able to get through it by logging and re-entering, but my concern is that it's fixed in a way that won't leave newbies confused about what to do next -- or better yet, so that they never encounter it at all.

For your theory, I can't guarantee that my memory is accurate, but yes, I suspect I skipped the tutorial trigger. I really dislike the handhanding approach to that house, and have taken to starting new characters off by avoiding the bridge, crossing the river downstream, then working my way back up to Charlotte from behind the house instead. So it's possible, and highly likely if the trigger is on the approach from the bridge to the house. (Although I'm pretty sure as a real newbie I started off exploring the other side of the river first anyway -- it's the sort of thing I'd do. A lot of the bugs I encountered in my first month playing came from the game making incorrect assumptions about the route I'd taken to get to a particular place or NPC.) Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I DID run into this same problem with Abigail giving me the wrong response set when I really was a newbie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.