1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Ability to salvage custom characters from COTO store, then apply a pattern into player vendor.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Spinok, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

In Coto shop there is 10 patterns for vendors (10 bad patterns generally) and 93 adventure custom characters, with the dragon for 2k COTOs. Why not to make those custom characters salvageable into the pattern, and then allow us to use it on the Player vendor. I hope you will need not a big amount of time to do it and earn some extra $

It would be cool, why this guy could not be my vendor?
    [​IMG]

P.S. In future would be cool if you somehow connect vendors and conversationalist, just imagine vendor who talks stories and details about the goods.

Sorgin Txakal, Wilfred, Net and 3 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hmmmmmm. Maybe? I guess you do salvage other COTO store items for patterns, so why not, right? When making the inkies, I didn't use any of the merchant looking visuals with plans to add those to the vendor pattern concept. There were quite a few that aren't available to you. That's on the list, but not sure when I'll get that grind into my schedule. I'll definitely consider this for sure. Not entirely sure if the dragons or trolls would be added in due to the size, but my initial thoughts don't see a problem--if you have the space for the inky, you'd have space for the dragon merchant :p Already on the to-do list though, so it will come eventually and probably not too far off. And it'd definitely add more purpose for those inkies, but DO keep in mind, once you salvage it and apply it to a vendor, it will NOT make the vendor work like an Inky. 2 entirely different tech pieces.

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Sure, just skins would be awesome, ghosts and humanoids would be still 10 times better and atmospheric skins for the vendors than existing ones, and If I would need another conversationalist I would buy another one :cool:
    Btw fauna skins (wolf bears and etc) would be great too, many who like druid/viking theme would like those skins on their vendors. On the scale of the city, it will help RP/Atmospheric city-building as well.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Elgarion likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

I was thinking about this a bit and I think it would be probably simplest if we could decide, whether we want to use these items as conversationalist or vendor, (or in the future both). I think things would get too complicated with patterns.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I always wondered why conversationalists (and vendors, and mannequins) were not just eternal patterns to begin with. Have one item, preferably crafted, that the patterns apply to. No bypassing the player economy, and use existing tech. Can easily make the pattern work on conversationalists, vendors, or player town NPCs.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Elgarion, Anpu and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.