Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

About Heraldry...

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by Sir Leonard, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I know it's been implemented last release (and i already got one), but since I was playing with it for the release, I found the system overall is confusing and i don't know EXACTLY how it works.

Founders will get:
    1) 2 Founder's Banners (1 short, 1 long)
    2) 2 Eternal Patterns for Banners
    3) Founder Armor set: cloth, leather, mail, plate
    4) Funder Shield
    5) A set of 5 patterns for each armor pieces and shield.

What puzzles me is:
    - Why do we need to use an "eternal pattern" on a founder banner to make your blazon show up? Wouldn't the pattern already shape "any" banner into a "founder" one? If the reason is so you can reaply the pattern to the banner whenever you want, okay, but then why not the same with the Founder Armor and Shield?

- Why do you must salvage your heraldry items so you can get an eternal pattern for it? This will just make them looteable. That defeats the purpose of being a "founder" item.

- I get the extra expendable patterns for armor would serve so you can "donate" to someone - be a guildmate or a friend who want to share your heraldry with you.

So, i'm fond for this feature, i love my "house". But if I am not confused, I think this system needs some polish (like adding eternal patterns for armor sets), so you won’t have to salvage them to reapply.

I know @DarkStarr and @Sannio have been active for the day, so dears, could you clarify this a bit?

Thanks!

discipleofweb and Montaigne like this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

PS: If you do think this may be reviewed because of the armor, as a suggestion, you can add an NPC at the college of arms to replace an eternal pattern for lost/salvaged heraldry armor and shield back to the original piece in R54, for those who already salvaged them (since we’ll get pattern removers).

Anyway...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.