Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Abusing the hell out of control point loot chests

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Waxillium, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

People have different points of view. I personally see the game at this state still as a testing environment which will have many changes until release which I do not expect before autumn/winter 2017. Anyway, all games which I started direct at release were not finished in the meaning of flawless experience. They all have bugs which have to be fixed, so in pre-alpha you can not expect anything finished and perfect. All people complaining about missing endcontent are not aware about the unfinished state. Endcontent is in my experience the final step which is implemented with release.

2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think part of the problem is the lack of a party loot system in general. The devs have touched on this several times, and there is one "planned" but it just hasn't made the priority list yet. (I'm thinking for example, round robin, master looter, etc) Once this system is in place, hopefully the chests will be only lootable by the party "holding" the CP. (as yet to be determined as well)

LoneStranger and Numa like this.
  3. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

Interesting, has anyone thought about getting in touch with a group and giving them a cut of the action? I would be more than willing to run around farming the chests and then give a part of that to the controlling group - think of it as a reagent and repair tax? :)

Spoon likes this.
  4. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

From patch notes for tonight - "Control Points: Removed all control point chests except the last one. Reduced the loot package on the remaining chest. Greatly reduced the respawn rate on the remaining chest."

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989

That should put and end to this style of looting.

5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Whiners win again. This whole thing is silly and it discourages me that over and over again the Devs bow to the 30-40 people that fill these boards with hatorade. Each player makes a conscious choice over which play mode and play style they embrace. If you want the loot, drop your PVP flag and sacrifice the 25% XP bonus and do the control points in Friends. If you want to keep the control point and just gain maximum XP you flag PVP and forget about the loot and do the control points in Multi-player and enjoy the interactions with you fellow community Avatars.

Edit: All of the cries that...'OMG their wrecking the economy' (which is purely speculation on your part) just remind me of the South Park episode "They Took Our Jobs!" Season 8 Episode 7.

V/R Brickbat

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    HogwinHD, monkeysmack and Net like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Your post, like all posts defending that broken process illustrates how not everyone really understood what this was about. Next time you get to sit down and have lunch with the devs ask them to clear this up for you. The rest of us just need to point out BS when we see it. I'd assume port made changes based on metrics and not just a thread in the forums.

Baratan likes this.
  7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

This thing was obviously broken from the get go.

8. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Having lunch with them has zero to do with the baseline argument. Why? Because they have no clue about how to run an in game economy either. Certainly they are trying to provide digital outlets for crowns to maintain their project funding - so they are attempting to incentivize participation in that stuff. But, we the players will decide what has value, what is worth our time and gold, to pretend otherwise is folly.

There is literally only one thing they can do that would level the playing field for the economy:
    #1 Provide perfect information to all players, which means everyone knows where everything on vendors is for sale and at exactly what price, unit price, etc. This enables everyone to complete on a even playing field and make decisions on in game vendor transactions. Portalarium isn't going to do the work, they'll just rely on the community to do it.

I mean I haven't heard the answer to my repeated questions of when will the POT Only Castle and Keep Bundles be available? Isn't that obviously, where we are headed?

Or what about the POT Only Castle/POT Only Nested Player Owned Town bundles? "See these are different, because we choose where they are nested based on a designation of Elven, Obsidian, Kobold, and Viking and we nest them in that region where we think they should go. Totally different!"

V/R Brickbat

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  9. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

That really sums it up. Why bother having a rationale and taking the time to compute gold/hour? If the right people whine about it, it will be changed. Note that the experience exploit remains in place. How ironic. The actual exploit remains and the nothing problem gets nerfed. Par for the course. Congrats on making the game better /sarc.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.