Accumulating gold in 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

update on Sequanna Colossus. 30 mins of fighting the waves at the Colossus with a ~3 min battle reset. with chests and mob loot earned 5320gp, 2 common gaia's heart and 1 common suutaks bluster. another viable option for gp farming :) also noted that the wealthiest mobs were the sand elementals. might be worth tracking down a higher concentration of them.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sequanna might be it. There's a decent number in Oracle Colossus, and Wyrmsands, but I think the respawn rate at Sequanna makes it the better place to hunt them. Not to mention, also the best place to gather black pearl. :rolleyes:

Anpu likes this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

correct and correct. looks like by far Sequanna Colossus is the place to down sand elementals. and wow about about Black Pearl! _the_ place to farm Black Pearl as loot. by the numbers it blows away everywhere else and is 10x more than the next closest location (The Fall). looks like it may not be gp being farmed in Sequanna Colossus but moreso Black Pearl. maybe both :) in my 30 mins i gained 127 Black Pearl for reference.

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  4. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Savenroc stronghold is a good place to gather black pearl, 8 or so nodes, but only harvest at night.

Wilfred likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note actually harvesting pearls from oysters may be worth your time if you see the foods that now use oyster meat. Food recipes on the wiki are currently updated on all the current crafted foods FYI..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Tirrag and Wilfred like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, good as compared to other scenes with oysters, I suppose. But sand eles drop 2-5 pearl each, they spawn much faster than oysters, and drop the same day or night. Compared to that, harvesting oysters (for pearl) is pretty much a waste of time. It would be better if oysters dropped the amount they currently drop at night during the day, and then doubled that at night.

Which is dumb*. Harvesting oysters should be the best way to gather black pearl. I'd complain to the devs, but that will more likely result in nerfing pearl drops from elementals, rather than increasing drops from oysters or, better, adding a lot more oyster nodes.

Serpent scales are fine, killing dragons or scaly things should be the best source for scales. But I'm sure new players would appreciate more scale nodes. It sucked gathering those back in the day.

Spider silk is probably fine. Though, spiders make silk. They don't have spools of it in their bellies. It might make some sense to have harvestable web nodes.

* I mean, that oyster nodes aren't normally worth the time, not harvesting them for meat.

Anpu and Wilfred like this.
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

so far for me KEC is still the champ. 30 mins and just pulled in 7800 in loot gp and 4200 in equipment sales.

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

out of curiosity what is your AL?

9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

@DalTXColtsFan around 120 and am heavy/tamer spec, though i dont use any heavy with this. im being a bit of a porcupine to kill fast using immolation, atonal aria, and a nightmare pet. not really using anything else.

10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I asked because I'm only an AL 87 at the moment and was wondering how you got so much more loot than I did at the KEC. You can probably kill them a lot faster than I can.

11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

30 minutes at Krampusgarten in East Sanctus Forest:
    600,000 XP
    80 rotting flesh
    200 corpse wax
    2500 gold
    6 obsidian chips

A higher-level player could probably do much better because the problem with those *$(@# brats is they drain my focus, taking away a lot of my ability to kill them quickly. Against 2 or 3 I can just keep moving so they can't strike me but against 8 of them that doesn't work. The water ele helps.

The brats also drop treasure chest keys, so making the effort to know where the chests are ahead of time is profitable.

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

I definitely focused in on some jack-of-all-trades skills that let me accomplish some things I want. I was using my Deep Ravenswood harvest configuration for KEC. The skills I used for KEC are actually pretty low compared to dedicated skill players. I think my immolation is around 103 right now. Before Atonal was fixed I would use Meteor Shower and Ring of Fire to do the same thing with each of those just a little over 100. My taming spec is at 105 so not necessarily uber when compared to dedicated tamers but it lets me accomplish what I want with taming which is supporting me in certain rolls. While I've spent a little time doing some ERG and now some Spindel runs, overall I have just grown through time and dragon slaying. Lots and lots of dragon slaying :)

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It is because he can kill many things faster than you currently can.

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

If anyone gets the chance before I do, go to the northeast corner of Deep Ravenswood. The spiders there don't respawn as fast as they do in Resolute Sewers, but you get to fight red spiders, large red spiders and ferocious red spiders (the latter 2 at a time!). The crafting XP might be similar but the adventurer XP is almost certain to be much, much more.

EDIT: Each of the four corners of DR have their own sources of XP and minor other loot. The NW corner has zombie spams which drop of course corpse wax rotting flesh and the occasional obsidian chip. SE corner is the obsidian wolf lair with the rubies to mine. SW corner is the mob of about 12 obsidian bears. I harvest their heads to make potions of might.

This is a little off topic since we were talking about gold, but DR is worth a million adventurer XP an hour EASILY without ever even GOING to the liches in the middle.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Tirrag and Anpu like this.
  15. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Cool good to know...might head up that way. I'm looking for something that will grant me loot equal to "the Rise". Right now I cannot find anything much better than the mage room/dragon cycle as far as obtaining artifacts and getting lots of loot to sell. My build doenst allow me to do well at Ruined Keep but i imagine with the right build both have to be pretty good once you cross 100+ adventuring level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.