Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Active Play Time decay for R42... Please!?

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Triple the decay rate but make it active time only I implore you! The 24 hour decay is just harsh for casual play.

This isn't another thread begging for its removal, let's just make it based on Playing the Game and not punishment for Not Being Logged In.

2. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Yeah I would be a huge advocate for this is well, I would even suggest doubling the decay or quadrupling the decay and measuring through active play time.

@Chris

Stundorn likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

... isnt all decay time already only with play time?
    I just died.
    I logged out.
    If i come back tommorow.. and die, i will get 24 hours of decay and penalty on that death?

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Yes, this is how it presently works. Hence why casuals suffer the most.

Stundorn and Sir_Michael like this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So your telling me, that every time i login, that 1st death is most likely at max decay?
    Due to the fact i only play every 2-3 days.

6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Yep

Barugon and Sir_Michael like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol. I coulda swore for the life of me, this was already how it worked.
    That it only accumulated during actual game play.

I will have to actually test that, as i dont know how that is how it works, and i havnt noticed.

If that IS how it currently works, then you are correct, although way to nice in wording how stupid this mechanic is.

@DarkStarr
    The idea of using death to limit/cap players is already a dumb idea. Having it accumulate offline time, just encourages people NOT to play SOTA.
    How could the PORT Team possibly think thats a good mechanic? Take a survey on it why dont you! And this time account for the thousands of players who already left due to stupid mechanics.

uhop, Skyo, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Without knowing the exact intention behind the mechanic, I am withholding judgment upon its wisdom. I'm hoping we can get a dev blog behind the design philosophy of this mechanic, or maybe learn more about the WHY of it during the next telethon. Also, the use of constructive criticism is more likely to be heard than simply attacking an idea with hostility.

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Well.... lets assume...just assume, LOL that someone level 90+ gets killed accidentally, because of bad choices, by bug or what ever....4 times during 4 days....
    That person can lose aprox 500 000 pooled xp. Yes, that 24 hours resets that timer. When vast majority of players realizes that you can see lots of angry people here...or not...maybe they adapt ;)

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Id offer more productive feedback on how their decay systems whole intention is to *soft cap* and put in some form of limitation on skills, but i have already done so, and so have others.

I've already put enough time and effort into posts about better ways to do this, and why death decay is the wrong way to go about it.

So forgive me, if i made those arguments under the assumption decay was only during play time ( and it was still stupid ), and wont put in more time and effort into explaining once again for the dev's why this mechanic and reasoning behind trying to cap a system using death, is bad. The fact i includes offline time, just reinforces my original points in other threads. Its a retarded mechanic all around, and this just makes it even worse.

11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

But is enforcing the soft cap the only reason for it? That is the part I am uncertain about.

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, the decay previous applied to the player outside of death, but they moved it to be a penalty on death because they thought players would appreciate that better.

Stundorn and MrBlight like this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

If these players write to the forum that they make 300-500k xp per hour...

TRIPPLE, QUADRUPPLE DECAY!!!

At least decay over time for unused skills.
    If a skill isnt used for 12hr INGAME TIME it should decay 1 point and then decay 2 for the next 12hrs.
    If people want to be the Masters of Everything let them use these skills everytime.
    Use= this skill was used x times within the last 12 hours.
    Not just one click.
    Crafting skills maybe 48 or 72 hours.

That's a softcap worth called a softcap.
    This were diminishing returns.
    And not loosing 500k xp what those people can regain in 1 or 2 hours easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.