1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add a Cross-Continent Galleon to Port Graff (Drachvald Region)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is a kind of sadly neglected area, with an actual Port (Port Graff). Would like to just see one added here.

The current coverage of Cross-Continent Galleon's is actually pretty good, except in this one region. Just a suggestion.

Thanks!

2. Nick

Nick Avatar

One in harvest as well?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Norgard and North Paladis region are also neglected, but I don’t recall any towns there being a major port?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

harvest and norgard are pretty well served by noreach. one further east along the coast, like fortus end, would be good

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Time Lord, Nick and Anpu like this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I let the team know, thanks :) Good suggestions.

Time Lord, Paladin Michael and Anpu like this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Here's my thinking about cross-continent galleons: Originally, there was only one galleon per continent (one in Novia by Brittany and one at Kingsport in Hidden Vale). When Mistrendur was added, we added a second pair of galleons to take players from Novia to Mistrendur and back. But it made sense to include Hidden Vale in that circuit so all 3 galleons became list teleporters. Along the way, it was mentioned that new characters on Episode 2 accounts should have a convenient way to get to Mistrendur, so we added galleons to support the primary starter cities of Aerie, Ardoris, and Jaanaford (on behalf of Resolute, which is land-locked).

The intent was not to add a cross-continent galleon at every port city. We knew there was some amount of galleons that was too many, and we should probably stop with the number we had. We didn't want to remove any of the ones already added, so Novia ended up with 5 galleons. More than minimum "required" galleons but not so many that their importance and status was diminished.

Adding a galleon at POT Graff doesn't fit any of the aforementioned criteria. To me, adding one to Port Graff starts crossing into the "too many galleons" zone. It feels like adding one would simply be to "round out" the number of places galleons exist, but to me that's not a good enough reason. Still, I'm a reasonable fellow and will give it some thought. I've added the suggestion as issue #67376. People should feel free to add their thoughts here if they want. Do we need another galleon or not? Is Port Graff your preference for one, or not?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in what you did have in mind for the Cross Continent Galleons. As a player, some times things look and seem different for us, but make perfect sense from a developer point of view.

8. Nick

Nick Avatar

How about a short lore on how the galleons came to be? A backstory would be nice, and it explains why only those few ports. (perhaps galleons going to the northwest were sunk by one of the factions there)
    Everyone loves a good story. :)

*edit*
    What about a writing competition for this?

Time Lord, CrandalltheFoole and Anpu like this.
  9. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Perhaps the solution is adding more ship connections from smaller cities to those major ports for example a ship connection between Westend and Aerie.

Time Lord and Net like this.
  10. Net

Net Avatar

We can travel from any POT to any POT or any NPC town these days, so the way I see it, it would make sense if boats worked like free (or cheap) teleport to zone scrolls, provided that the other zone has a boat as well. We also have those handy scrolls. Since the control passes are open now, and we can freely travel via POT connections or by using scrolls, I think it is okay to add extra galleon to overland map. Though I would be okay, if major ports had galleon capable to take to other continents and smaller port cities had just quick travel boat, that could take to other port cities on the same continent. Or the near port cities so you sometimes had to take chain of boats to get to the port on the other side of continent...
    At least until we have actual working ships in game.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.