Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add a sound (like rain or thunder) when player appear

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Gatsu., Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I think the key here is distance to the entering avatar. I would not want to be on the far side of Ardoris and hear a thunderclap every time somebody came in. But if I am three feet away from the person entering the scene I would likely be able to hear something. Ideally scaling the sound so that it diminishes with distance. Of course it would be nice to have the option to turn it off all together, like name tags. It could be exploited in PvP areas by people hearing the sound and attacking at the entrance, but then again, they could simply camp the entrance if they were of that mindset. So, I see no valid reason against a sound other than additional effort. (Supposing you can toggle it off at will.)

Huma Tunarith, Budner and Net like this.
  2. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

This. This is what I originally thought after seeing thread title. Bing on entering scene would drive me nuts even if it was a wind sound. Thunder on player joining the game with new character would be really cool though. Sound on entering your property is also great idea.

3. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

soft-wind sound for NOT-PVPers soft-thunder for PVPers

on a event.. can be nice to hear wind sound ... everything seems more real and dynamic
    (not the gust sound.. something a little more soft)

Lord Baldrith and Jivalax Azon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.