1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Add On Store Conversion Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Understood that this means that buying many add-ons won't change someone's tier from (for example) Citizen to Knight, but I am wondering if add-ons purchased will count towards "total pledge" when determining Housing Lot placement order?

2. Finandir

Finandir Avatar

I hope not. Otherwise, those of us who spent quite a bit of money on backing at a high level initially may end up placing later than someone who bought a bunch of add-ons. Kind of takes some of the thrill out of backing early.

I know this is drifting off-topic a bit, but they really need to get the details on housing lot placement order worked out ASAP (it should have been done already). Even within a tier, I'm not sure that just money should determine placement order. At a given tier level, I'd rather see a lottery of some kind to determine order than just money. Maybe every $100 on top of founder/benefactor level should get an extra ticket or something?

3. smack

smack Avatar

Oh there's most likely going to be multiple 6-packs, a 12-pack, a 24-pack, etc. More is coming.

I don't think they're simply drip-feeding this just to have something for the weekly update. It takes time to design and model them. Sure, they might have a general idea of what they could end up making, but things change here constantly. They could do a 100-pack and you prepay upfront and be entitled to each item as they're released. But that also takes work to implement into the store. They can already sort of do that with the Blade of the Avatar book updates to your account but if that method works in this "prepaid mega bundle" then sure. Some people would be willing to go that route.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

Add-on store purchases do not count toward your pledge:
    Ok now I understand. I was focused on conversion only which is this thread but someone was asking if their ad dons could count towards their pledge without converting. The answer to that is no that will not happen.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Darthan Haj

Darthan Haj Legend of the Hearth

I too felt the pain when the six pack was released, I can't help myself I want to buy all the prosperity line and now maybe I can put a few of those hastily spent dollars back.
    Thank you! :D

6. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Good question o_O I believe they plan to allow you to sell back add-on purchases for credit to be applied to either 1) other add-on purchases or 2) your pledge, but not vice-versa. Taking money out of pledges would probably cause a lot of problems...

Jambo, Time Lord and Mishri like this.
  7. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

So I had a thought, What if they had an add-on store subscription? say $10 a month that gave you either a free item worth $10, or a $10 add-on store credit each month. You would also be given an additional discount on all add-on purchases, say 10-20% possibly depending on item.

With this new conversion program I can see people also using this if they give you 10 credit each month to put toward their pledges if they desired while still getting add-on discounts.

The only issue I see with it is people buying city lots and saving 100 then canceling their subscription right away. Although I expect someone willing to spend that on a lot is willing to buy many other things as they come up. Like a house to put on it.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

I bought most the items on the Add-on store and If I get something back that's nothing but Gravy to me :D

9. stile

stile Avatar

I love this program, I personally have two requests:

1 - Put the conversion program in place within the next day or two. If you can't get it done that fast, extend the package deals for both the crafting pack and the holiday pack.

2 - Time to also update the store to a cart format. The list of items in the store is getting very long and having to buy them one at a time when stuff is added is painful.

10. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Unfortunately DS said it wouldn't be available till maybe March

11. Balec Fares deCani

Thank you for the emphasis smack, but I did, in fact, notice that part of the sentence in the brief text I quoted. You very well may be right, but unless you have some other source, I guess what I was trying to say was that this does not sound conclusive to me that add-ons do not contribute to lot placement priority. Sorry for not being clear. I was hoping that when DarkStarr provides the additional details this month that this point would be specifically addressed (do add-ons affect lot placement priority).

Specifically does an add on need to be "(s)melted" and converted to a pledge contribution (which I assume would contribute to a tier upgrade like citizen->knight) in order to count for lot placement priority. So if I am a citizen and I "(s)melt" some add-ons and convert to a pledge does that improve my lot placement opportunity..or is my lot placement priority based on my total "contribution" to begin with?

12. Gabriel Nightshadow

Your lot placement priority is based on when you first pledged and how much you pledged, so, for example, if you were a Founder Citizen and sold back some add-ons (i.e., keeping them doesn't count) to raise your pledge to the Lord level, you would become a Founder Lord and have priority over Benefactor Lords. Within the Founder Lord group, it is broken down by dollar amount, so if your total pledge ended being $ 1501, you would go before a Founder Lord pledging $ 1500. Hope that helps...

13. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

Totally agree with what Eligor said - 'a streamlined more hassle-free experience for customers and the ability to announce items do not need to be mutually exclusive'.

As mentioned, when the add on's are starting to match or exceed initial pledge values:

It should be possible when updating the store to make it possible to purchase more than one item at a time.

If you are offering bundles, or an item is time limited, this could be more clearly indicated so that early adopters do not feel as if they might have been taken advantage of.

14. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I am very sad that I won't be able to get the holiday bundle, because I won't get paid till the 15th, even though I have more than enough in add-on store purchases that I would like to convert into credit (ie, I have a viking house for that same $50, plus a couple of the holiday items already).

Special items should really be available for at least 30 days to allow for people who only get paid monthly.

:(

15. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well maximizing pledge amount and customer experience don't seem to be a high priority. The site store has been an issue since they launched it and still they have done nothing to fix it.

16. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

^^ This

The reason i believe they decided to do it like this is because it is possible to donate more than required for a tier, but still not enough to fall into the next higher tier. If anything it is a little incentive to donate just a little more twords your pledge to jump the line a little more. Is it worth another $100 to be the first Knight founder to place a knights home? Some will say yes.

17. Balec Fares deCani

Too bad, it was kind of incentive for me to dabble in the add-on store...I should probably put my wallet away while waiting for this game to come out.

...always a stickler for details I wonder if the goodwill donation is a "pre-melted" purchase that goes directly to your pledge....or can that be traded in for an add-on?

18. Gabriel Nightshadow

No, the goodwill donation doesn't count towards your pledge total or add-ons either. It's just your way of showing support for the game :)

Jambo, Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  19. Finandir

Finandir Avatar

That and I'm still waiting to hear how lot placement priority actually works. For example, do Baron 2 kickstarters get to place before Baron? Baron 2 (and later) were added when Baron filled. Yes, they were more expensive, but is that just because they were later pledges or do they get higher priority?

20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

It works like this:

When can I choose my lot?
    First priority will be given to backers for lot choice. The order will be determined by amount of pledge with Founders getting priority over Benefactors at each tier. Backers will be given an exclusive window to choose their lots. Each backer can choose exactly one lot during the window. The next window will be given to those who purchase lots from the Add-On Store. After that window, lot choice will be open to all players.

From FAQ https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_52

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.