1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Add On Store Conversion Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I know it isn't march yet, but a little "We are working on it. More information coming shortly" would be nice.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If you melt a pledge at Founder pricing, will you still be able to convert it to something else at Founder pricing after April?

3. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

Sale ends in 40 days.

I have a bunch of crafting tools.. Want to buy more... Don't know if I will be able to use all of them.. (Skill caps)

Want to trade some things for other things before sale is done.

4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

That's the founder pledges and pledge upgrades ending in 40 days.. not the sale :)

Time Lord, Skalex and NirAntae like this.
  5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Second that. I want to save a boatload of cash for GenCon and I really want to know if I need to be dipping into that pot for Shroud stuff and how much. Mr. Hickman is probably getting some of it either way! Lol.

sent from the future using my Coleco Adam

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

no no, melting has nothing to do with pledges. It only deal with add on items purchased form the store. You can exchange/ melt them down for credit, you can apply that credit to your pledge or purchase different items. You cannot however take money from your pledge and spend it on the addon store.

The reason for this program:

Some players like myself purchased every prosperity item as they were released. The first 5 were released before December costing $10 each (total of $50). Then in December a 6th item was released and put into a bundle pack with the previous 5 items and only coast $50. So basically you was getting the 6th one free. Some of us were upset that we were buying these items in good faith and if we only knew these would be offer at an even more discount we would have waited.

Its basically the same as if you preorderd a game from Game Stop for $50. Then weeks before the game release Game Stop offer the preorder for $40.

Seeing how we never took possession of these items, even those who purchased the items before the bundle should be entitled to the discount.

So Starr announced the program that allows you to sell back your items and take advantage of the bundle packs as they come out.

I just think it is time thta we got an update on how this is going. I put off buying items from the addon store till I understood seen how this program was going to work.

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

They said the program will be modeled on Star Citizen's, and in that one you can melt down ships and get different ones as well.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

No, he didn't. Don't read into thing to try to complicate it. He said exactly how it is going to work in the very first post

Time Lord and Mishri like this.
  9. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Right, from the description you can convert add-on store items to credit. That credit can be used on add-on store items or added to your pledge. You can't take anything from your pledge.

Time Lord and licemeat like this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd like to know if this is going to be available before the Founder pricing is lost. I have nearly enough add-ons that I'd almost reach Knight if I melted them.

licemeat and Mishri like this.
  11. DeftAvatar

DeftAvatar Avatar

That's what I'm wondering. I might “melt down” my additional property deeds and some other extras and then upgrade my Knight's pledge to Lord. But only if the Founder pricing is still available...

_

12. VoodooShark

VoodooShark Avatar

i'd like to melt some stuff and upgrade to baron if thats possible.

13. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I also would like to melt some items down for higher pledge before the "TIME IS RUNNING OUT" scare I see everyday. Please give us updated news about this.

14. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I hope they get back to us on this soon.

15. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I was hoping for an "Add to Cart" option, so I waited and waited to buy my Prosperity tools.
    I bit the bullet today. My fingers are sore. :( For or five times through the checkout process.
    That's life on the Bleeding edge though.

licemeat and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  16. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I am currently holding off on any add-on store purchases until I can melt some of my individual prosperity items, so I hope we get an update on this soon.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  17. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I am defiantly with you. It just amazes me that a they are letting a source of income to fall to the waste side like this. It is nice that they are adding content to a broken thing and adding pictures to tiers but hey, fix it already so we can start buying again.

18. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

This, this, this.

Every update I get in email says "HURRY!! You only have __ days left to upgrade your pledge with Founder pricing!!"

... but not a peep on the ability to exchange add-ons for pledge credit. :(

If you're going to shout at us about how time is running out, well, get a move on! WE'RE not the ones holding things up, after all. ;)

Maybe they're afraid they won't make as much money before the cutoff date if they let people reclaim their add-ons, and instead they just want to make people pay full price in cash for the pledges.

But I can tell you that for me personally, the ability to melt my $75 worth of add-ons will determine whether or not I make the $230 jump to Knight.

19. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I figure it will come about after the 31 day limit happens. I think the intention is to allow folks to upgrade their add ons and store purchases, rather than to increase their pledge amounts.

I'm looking to change my wizards tower to a regular tower house. Not overly concerned with whatever happens though. I have knights pledge done, and the lighthouse will work, if I can find a desolate shore to put it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.