Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add on Store Frustration- Think small and increase Sale!

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Myrcello, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Dear Dallas

I am concerned that you are missing out on Sales Options because the Add On Store is thinking Supersize all the time.

We have a huge number of Players who are Row House owners, or only Village sice Owners. So we Need to manage space. :) And we have small outside Areas only.
    And really not many Options to decorate with Add on Store Items the "small world in a house currently - Tables, Shelfs, Little Areas .

A simple example of my personal thinking today about the Grim Reaper Statue i did see in the Add on Store:

Man - again a large versions - to big - sorry will not purchase.
    But if i had a tiny Version - one i could place on my working desk in my House - or on my table , or place in my Bookshelf as decoration - you would have had me spend the Money.

Example of Items currently in the Add on Store some would have much more likely purchased if there would be a table size category in the add on store for "table size versions".

1. Chess Board ( Table Versions, come one - a must for the game)
    [​IMG]

2. Grim Reaper Statue ( Table Versions )
    [​IMG]

3. Spider
    ( Table Version, Bookshelf versions, Standing Position, not wall up position)
    [​IMG]

4. Skelletons ( would have used them as book holders on my Bookshelfs)
    [​IMG]

5. Stone Dragon Statue ( Table Versions!, book shelf version) of Course some row house owners would place that cool Dragon above the Fireplace
    [​IMG]

6. Oracle Statue Head (Table Versions, also nice to use as book holder )

[​IMG]

7 Teletype ( Table Versions)
    [​IMG]

8. Aether Vibration Amplifier ( Decorative Table Versions)
    [​IMG]

9. Ornate Chest ( Small, table size) - with tiny storage Options for jewelry
    [​IMG]

The Rule for the future of new Add on Store Items:

Could we make a small Version of the Item also to be placeable on these Items:

[​IMG][​IMG]

If the answer is "Yes" - you might have additional Sales with not much work - just a resize of the time. :)

Kind regards

Myrcello

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I'd buy smaller things. I'd hope a normal sized working chessboard could be crafted or purchased in-game in the future. Statues, resized to be small would be cool. I'd buy a small dragon, oracle, skeleton, reaper.

3. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

A good retail strategy is to have things at many price points with the largest number of things being at the lower end. So yeah, I have to agree that I bet sales would go up if there were more small items to buy. Or outfits :)

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yup... I don't think you needed so many examples to make your point :p

When you said : COME ON... it was clear enough.

Especially when you think that its a simple resizing and rotating... these things should come in many sizes or be resizeable.

Duchess Fionwyn, Chatele and Myrcello like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I would also by smaller things...however the things I like the most are the things that have functionality.

For example, a small statue that grants the owner a single resource once per day.

6. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I like the flashy stuff, too, but like you, I have no place to put them. I would love more options for decorating and interacting with people in my row house and/or have a plethora of wardrobe choices. I've worked retail for years and make my own craft stuff that I sell. I've watched my friends make and sell various things. High end items sell but the stuff that sells the most is the $5 impulse buys. $5 sales add up quicker than you might think.

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Been saying that since the store is open... ._.

I think I've even seen a conference where our liege was talking about making a game called something collector where microtransactions was the future...

It's like we're living in another dimention... why noone listens to King Gariott ? It feels like he's just the branding like Donald Trump... why is noone within the team trying to gather the wisdom he's preached first hand ?​

Duchess Fionwyn and monkeyrogue like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Give it time, I am sure they will have more but most likely they will become craftable so you don't have to spend real money on them, since you are not paying a lot for the pledges why would they nickle / dime you for small items which you can craft?

9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Smaller things, like tangas.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Myrcello like this.
  10. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I agree. I would buy little things. One of the items I would really like to see is a variety of fireplaces. Small, medium and large. Open stone fireplaces that go against the wall and have mantles where items can be placed. Also wrought iron buck stoves with a gentle, attractive amber glow between the grates. And you know? I really don't care if there is a chimney on the outside of the house or not. It's a technicality I can live with out. "B-but where does the smoke go??" It's magic fire. Microbial fire fairies devour the smoke. Problem solved. Some of the village homes actually have very limited interior space and less square footage than row homes. So, some tiny doo-dads and mini dongles would sell like hot cakes.

Also, people cannot resist the charm of something usually normal-sized that has been shrunk down to a tiny version.

11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'd go for smaller/cheaper things, absolutely. Even grotesquely tiny.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I really liked the mini love Titan statue you see in the loot of the Etceter bandits. Was really bummed that one couldn't get such a thing as deco.

13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In addition to smaller decorations for homes/lots I would like to see more items that don't require home ownership, i.e. more clothing (not just cloaks), cool looking weapons.

How about fancy-looking weapons that have only wimpy beginner stats (like the Bridge Defender's Sword) when you buy them, but that can be upgraded to a "normal" strength in-game with a socketed gem when a certain crafting proficiency has been reached. I would like a Jedi sword :)

14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

+1... great ideas Kara.

15. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

one detractor to star citizen is the high price of all the items in the store.. there is a limit some people are not willing to pass, each one is arbitrary to their own sensibilities. however, lots of smaller-scale items for smaller pricetags, will keep a constant trickle of cash coming in.

a few releases ago, i asked for paperweights, things like the dragon and grim reaper statues would be perfect for that too.

16. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Very, very, true.

17. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i want shelves, multi tier shelves, i want to make them with metal and wood. i want to be able to make them with different types of metal and wood, for different looks. i want to see some with paint, others with stain, and yet others natural. i want to be able to select matte or shine. i can see much of the finish, be done in that dye/tanning station. :)

i want chachkas. small statues, large paperweights, etc, to pu;t on those shelves.

18. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I AGREE!

I want small chests, i want furniture etc etc.

The PROBLEM, ofcourse, is that - why would people pay for small objects?

Well i would. Can't wait for Curnocopias and Menorahs etc again :)

19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's a very important issue I think and we must shake the devs cage about it.

I very reluctantly again say the truth, LB and Starr in UO saw their own game being "bought" from them for a 10th (don't tell me I'M exagerating GRRR, GRRRRRR) of the price it was really worth by people within EA who made all their money selling items from the game on e-bay at very small prices.

The small transactions actually amounted to MILLIONS of dollars and soon enough the RMT sellers were into other games at the same time and making MORE $ than the geniuses themselves.

This is lesson we absolutely cannot forget, I could go INSANE if this happened to this community because I experienced this travesty first hand.

20. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Great OP.

Also need LARGER pieces of furniture for the really big houses like keeps and larger. Not that I own one. Furniture looks tiny in these great halls with their high ceilings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.