Add-on store missing items!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Otso_Kontio, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otso_Kontio

Otso_Kontio Avatar

Hi

Last weekend add-on store was full of items and now they are all gone.

Was just going to buy some decorations, but nothings left.

2. stile

stile Avatar

You have to buy the items in game, using Coto's, from COTO vendors.

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

The add-on store is filled with items only during live streams.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or wait until the next monthly Post-Release Livestream; all the items are added back to the store for a day or two then. (And will often be on sale during the actual livestream, as well.)

5. Otso_Kontio

Otso_Kontio Avatar

The browsing in ingame is the worst thing ever. The small icon showing the item and the way to scroll them through with the "not the best font" names. Ugh..so bad idea.
    Why can't they just let it be on the website so long that they make the ingame shop UI usable?
    Why did they have everything on the add-on store last weekend then?
    Was it just to tease and then just let us suffer with the ingame version.

Who makes these decisions?

I understand the point of "moving things more ingame" and "making players to use more Cotos" but still the website is just SO much better to use and to view and to compare.....

6. Otso_Kontio

Otso_Kontio Avatar

Only on live streams...wow...thats lame...
    Thanks for the info...
    Still unhappy...

I had the strange feeling that players could have a say in things, but thus is so frustrating...well **** happens...

Just remember to bow your head and go towards more disappointments...

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The items were on thw eb store because of the tekethon on Friday. After the telethon they were taken down to the minimalist store you see now. This is the 'new' web store. As mentioned things are now in-game on the various obsidian merchants scattered around Novia.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

AH! I completely agree!

I have always bought my stuff on the add on store and they always had nice pictures showing you exactly what you were buying. Now we have nothing. If I were a new player right now I wouldnt be buying anything because I have no idea what any of it looks like now (and yes, I have bought TONS of stuff there over the past 2.5 years). I understand that the devs wanted to pull the items from the add on store due to ridiculous complaints from the usual haters that the game was pay to win (it is NOT) or even recent info about now needing to apply tax to regions (laws). But that was a TERRIBLE decision to remove it all (my guess it was shotgunned probably due to the taxing issue). In the last, they should leave them all up there with there pictures.

But on the flip side, Im sure they know this and are working on it (I should read the stand up and see if someone is).

9. Verit

Verit Avatar

I believe this change was made because there were a lot of people on the interwebs saying SotA was a cash grab, full of RMT, pay to win and it was all about whales, etc etc.

The add on items were driven by demand.
    Many players wanted these items and more.
    So they created more and more. They are mostly cosmetic anyhow.
    It is a shame that there are so many people trying to drag this game down that it is impeding on the players that enjoy the game.

Elwyn, FrostII, Sara Dreygon and 5 others like this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Wow dude... that's really unfair.

We've had our say all throughout the development process. Many of the ideas that are in the game today, game from discussions on the boards WAY, WAY back when this was all in its infancy.

If you want more "say" upgrade to a bundle that gives you Dev Forum access. I believe that you'll be able to get a touch more ground in conversing with Devs on those forums with regards to feature ideas, etc., etc.

11. Womby

Womby Avatar

They could leave them on display in the add-on store, but outside of live streams mark them "available in-game". That way it would be easier to browse through and see what's available.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Rentier, Aldo, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

This may take a little more work, but this resource can help with seeing larger pictures of items before you buy:

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Main_Page

You may not find everything there, but you will find a lot of useful information. Just use the *search* feature.

The store was reduced as stated here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tore-reduction-crown-bundle-repricing.110157/

I added the highlight because yes, there have been people over the years on these forums, on Steam and on Reddit claiming the game was PTW...blah blah blah. I can understand any disappointment and/or frustration you have trying to shop ingame as opposed to the store, but try to look at it this way - at the postmortems you can buy on a 20% discount AND get the free stuff for only five bucks :)

13. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I agree. Why would a company make it Harder for customers to spend money to buy digital pixel products? It's like they're shooting themselves in the foot.

FrostII and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Because there is a segment of the population that looks at the Add-On Store and sees all that stuff and the prices of it, and either assumes, or deliberately misrepresents to others that those items are required to play Shroud of the Avatar. It's intentional spin to misrepresent the game and the purpose of the Add-On Store.
    The decision was made to inconvenience the installed user base in an attempt to combat the bad publicity that is being purposely manufactured using the misrepresentation of the Add-On store as a propaganda piece.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Elwyn, Rentier, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I feel the OP's pain.. I don't mind buying the items in-game via COTO merchants, but not being able to see the items the way we're seeing on the website really kill the impulse and urge to buy add-on items.

If we're not gonna show all items on the add-on store page until special occasion, can we please at least have a separate web page for catalog? I don't care if the "Buy Now" button is available or not, I just want to be able to quickly view the items to assist my purchase decision.

16. redfish

redfish Avatar

I haven't visited a COTO vendor recently, but I thought the devs were working on some tech that allowed you to preview the items you were looking at ?

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t even know what items are available from CotO vendors, as the item list never loads....

18. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Roycestein Kaelstrom If the issue comes down to a catalog, that's probably something that can be handled by Sotawiki.

19. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

They added pictures as part of the items. There's a little 'i' button that you can click. Surprise, a picture of the item shows up. and it can be scaled and rotated. It is a little clumsy, but the image isn't that bad.

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Also, one thing I want to add to this discussion that I've brought up before...

If Add-on items are going to be only available most times through Crown Merchants, it should be more intuitive to locate what you want. I've suggested Specialty crown merchants, which would sell items by type, not by theme. If you go to that thread you'll see some examples. It should also make their inventory load faster and be easier to sort through, because it would narrow down items per seller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.