Add-on store "?"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by !(Blood0men)!, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

Hello, i've been thinking about the Add-on store in the Future and it would concern me that if the store Sold Repair kits to repair items, armor and weapons.

I really hope they do Not do this and allow players in game sell their repair kits thru the Vendors which most towns will have.

Thanks and hope other agree that Repair kits thru purchase in the Add-on store would be a bad idea.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    gtesser, Oba Evesor, Greyfox and 6 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:!'
    ~Agreed! That Would Be a Bad Idea~
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~;)!'

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Since the primary feature of the economy is "Player driven", I'm sure that Portalarium would agree with you completely on this.
    So I wouldn't lose much sleep worrying about it. ;)

4. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

I do worry bout it, Until I hear from a Dev member saying otherwise, i'd still be concerned about it till then.

Time Lord and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Totally agree.

6. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

And yet so much pushes players towards the add on store instead of getting it in game. I would be very surprised if these don't show up in the add-on store just like lot deeds and most of the housing deeds and black and white dyes and much of the recent clothing and... (the list goes on but you get the point I'm sure).

7. agra

agra Avatar

I 100% expect Crowns of the Obsidian to be sold in the add-on store. Been done before (similar currency, other games), will be done again.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I love imaginary situations! That's when we all get moderated the most!

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If we were hired by Disney, our job positions would be "Imagineers". It doesn't hurt to bring the topic up, though. It's related to how people are having concerns over not being able to keep their gears forever due to "rarity" of the crowns.

10. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yes, but it isn't necessarily a stretch of the imagination when you see similar situations again and again and again. It may not happen... but that would surprise me far more than having it happen.

Time Lord, Ice Queen and agra like this.
  11. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I think from just judging from the prosperity tools, and pledge expert crafting stations, anything not cosmetic, will be nerfed to the point that no one that didn't buy it will not be envious of anything that comes from the store.
    Things change all the time, but so far... it looks like the are very serious about keeping this a non pay to win game.
    Pay to look pretty, Pay to have fancy house(s) sure, but pay to win, it clearly isn't

Really I can't blame them for the pay for housing, in UO in it's prime, some houses (castles mostly) went for tens of thousands of real life dollars in the aftermarket.
    They would be stupid not to get first cash in on that money.

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

if they did sell an alternative currency that does get difficult to ballance. The price of gold vs COTO will fluctuate over time, and people would be able to play that market possibly. Then again chris has the economy under a watchful eye. No chance in hell this will get out of hand.

If they did sell those things then yes people could basically buy gold by selling COTO. However I suspect the COTO would not be cheap to keep it rare. how much would somebody be willing to pay to keep their best item from being destroyed? Who knows. Probably quite a bit. $10??? what about $50? If it is 50 bucks, Jezopezo man... if anybody wants to buy that let them. If some rich dude wants to buy a 100 of them so he can sell them for gold, fine with me. because spending 5000 bucks on a game really ought to be worth something. IS that pay to win? Yeah probably but this is a crowd sourced game. It is a touchy thing but really is it uncommon for players in games to not be able to do this. For the average player the COTO would still be available, and in greater quantities since people can buy them in the store. Buying 50 of them ought to make them less rare... so basically it should drop the gold price of the item unless the dude hoards them.

Still I don't see the trouble because buying a new item will probably be cheaper than buying a COTO off of a dude who bought it in the store. If they limit the crowns to stuff like repairing items we have sentimental value for, then how is that pay to win? If it is cheaper to buy a new item of the same value, rather than buying a COTO to repair an old item, then it really isn't pay to win. So what if the guy sells it for gold, it was gold gathered by a real player who values their item. It is just gold changing hands... End of line.

13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Other companies have done that in F2P games. Richard hates micro-transactions. Starr has spoken out against them. Chris hates them, and even said he hated the Tools of Prosperity being in the store.

This is not a F2P game. Richard was just tweeting the other day about avoiding P2W.

It isn't happening with this company or this game.

14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

And yet it did. EXACTLY as we predicted.... only so very much faster than expected.
    What a shock, right?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Ice Queen, argyle, Pickley and 3 others like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm am greatly disappointed to say the least.

I know they need to constantly bring in new revenue to pay a team of developers, but I wish they had tried other approaches.

16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I agree. I was expecting it to happen, but I was thinking months from now... not the day after the newest release. That just screams money/cash grab to keep gear alive.

Lord Baldrith and Ice Queen like this.
  17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

On the bright side: we have some solid prophets here.

Mind if you share... Dunno... Lotto numbers? Pretty please? :D

18. agra

agra Avatar

Sure, here's your lotto numbers: 3846073528 ;)

19. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Need to fund the game going forward........was always going to happen. I'm not particularly for or against it, all I want to see are players in the game and enough financial backing to keep the game going for a long time.

One thing I do know.....I think these obsidian coins will be quite handy :)

[​IMG]

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.