Add skill to agriculture to reduce slightly the growing time

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Spungwa, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

As the subject says

Add a new skill to Agriculture that will reduce the growing time for plants by 1 minute per level for 1 X growth rate.

I know 1 minute per level seems not worth it, but for me having the ability to reduce the time by a small amount would help a lot.
    The reasoning for this is that with the cycles being based around 24 hours and the fact i play after work at the same time most days leads to the time for harvesting and replanting creeping from the near the beginning of play session to be nearing the end. When it nears the end i don't have time to replant and have to wait until the following day to plant the next harvest, as i'm not prepared to stay up too late as i have work the following day.

Example below for a 48 outside (times 1 growth rate)

Day 1 : plant and water at 8pm
    Day 2 : water at anytime.
    Day 3 : water at 8pm, harvest at 8:30pm, plant at 9pm
    Day 4 : water at anytime.
    Day 5 : water at 8pm, harvest at 9:30, plant at 10pm
    Day X : water at 8pm, harvest at 11pm - no time to replant before i need to sleep.

So by being able to reduce that growth time by just an hour (or whatever) means i don't get to a Day X.
    At 1 minute per level the more you plant and there the longer it takes to harvest then you can level this to position where your harvest finishes just before the 24 hour cycle allowing the planting schedule to be the same as it was the cycle before for your real life schedule.

Being that this is an insignificant reduction in the time overall it does not hugely unbalance the amount of the planting you can do per real life time.

It can be a high XP multiple skill, like X4 or even more, as for small growers the level they would need is very low to overcome the problem above, but for huge planters they need to invest more XP to get to like 100+ minutes if that how long it take to harvest their huge fields.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Mac2 and StarLord like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i'd rather have kobold automatic watering planters and a skill that increases harvest yield. but, i'm strange. :)

Vaiden Luro, moko and StarLord like this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Not mutually exclusive :), but without auto instant harvest the same creep problem persists.

4. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Agree to both suggestions.
    The strict watering and harvesting timelines collide with RL (there is some flexibility for the watering since you have to only do it once in each 1/3 of a cycle).
    Not everyone can be online whenever it is needed...
    Currently I am only doing agriculture 1-2 times a month when I know I can stick to the times.

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Would add to this

- Add an agriculture ring +5 like all other proffesions have
    - Highlight seeds at edge of the water circle so we know if the seed will be watered

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

A mechanc for fertilizer already seems to exist.

Quick-Grow as an alchemical craftable? :):):)

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I too run into that same problem, I try and plant before I go to sleep but once in a while I skip a day to reset the time back down so I dont have to stay up later to get it done.

Jason_M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.