1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add the Community Rules & Guidelines as a link to the daily message

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can you add the Community Rules & Guidelines as a clickable link to the daily message when we log in? This should probably always be a link that is always present when logging into the game (at least I think so).

You currently have the Events forum as a clickable link in the daily message (thank you for that!). I just would like to see the Community Rules & Guidelines as a link in the Daily Message.

Also the Player Instructions could also have this listed at the very top of the Player Instructions as well. Possibly like this:

Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is a fantasy role-playing game that combines a single player narrative with a sandbox massively-multiplayer online game.

Be sure to read the Community Rules & Guidelines as you travel throughout the lands of New Brittania! More information can be found at www.shroudoftheavatar.com.

(Just something similar to that).

Thank you for your time!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Anpu
    Totally agree. Especially when new players start it helps to know how to play the game and whats appropriate and whats not. So many expectations can be measured and questions can be answered before being asked. Also including a bit more history of the game and its development over the years would help players know that this is not like the big studio games with lots of money and 100s of designers. This is a heartfelt remembrance of the Ultima Universe done by a small group of developers with guidance of the community that loved and played the previous games when they were younger.

On that note I will step off of my soap box and return you to the wish list of good ideas. Thank you.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Done. I added the link to the COVID message. We'll alter that message throughout the ages with reminders significant to the time, but it'll always have the link to the guidelines. Good idea -- thanks Anpu :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.