Adding funds whenever to pledge?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RTM, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTM

RTM Avatar

Might of missed this but can you just add like $50 to your pledge amount and have it count towards higher pledge tiers? I know at first it isn't a big deal since the tiers are relatively close together but later on like citizen and higher it would be nice to just add $20 here or there as I get it. Like right now I am at knight with $824 pledged. I have these two visa gift cards for $100 each that I would like to drop onto my pledge level but I don't see an option to do that.

I understand I can do the payment plan but I would like to just drop a few hundred if I can when I want and avoid the fees and do it at my own pace. If I miss the next tier by the deadline that would be my problem.

Is there a way to do this now?

Thanks.... I looked for this question in the search but couldn't find a concrete answer.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I don't think you can directly. But you could start a payment plan, making the first payment the dollar amount you wish to dump into it, then cancel the plan after the payment has been made.

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Another suggestion you could just purchase items from the cash shop. There is suppose to be a system being built that would allow you to sell back your cash shop items and you could transfer those funds into your pledge. Just remember once you drop money into your pledge there is no getting it back.

4. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Yes, you can. You should be able to at least.
    Go to your Account page and there should be an Upgrade! button listed directly below your pledge.

5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If they accept visa debit cards as a payment method you should be able to use them. If they only accept Credit cards I don't think you can.

6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

You can do it through PayPal. Anything they take SotA should take, I imagine.

7. RTM

RTM Avatar

Yes but my upgrade is only $200 my next pledge tier is $776 higher.

I guess I could to the paypal thing but I cant add funds from these cards either without them taking their fee.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

8. Maka

Maka Avatar

Go in click upgrade with payment plan. Put in the amount of the card and send it through. Wait a couple days for it to clear and cancel the plan. Do that for each card. A bit painful but that is how it works. The suggestion to do it this way came from Firelotus when I sent them an email with the same question.

Time Lord and smack like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Greetings,

Am I to understand by all this that there is no real "upgrading" and that I am actually just pledging the full amount of the upper tier that I wished to achieve? I joined at the $275 level after reading in the FAQ that I could "upgrade", but there was no mention in the FAQ of having to pay a full price for the tier that I wish to achieve.

So my question is, does my benefactor donation of $275 count in any way if and when I decide to "upgrade"?

The correct answer should be added in the answer that the FAQ provides in mentioning "upgrades".

Whatever that answer is...

Sil~Rel~Por

10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I think you are confused. If you wish to upgrade your pledge to the next tier level, Log into your account on the main website and click "account" at the top right. You should see your initial pledge level and then you will see options to upgrade your account. It is very simple to do and yes your initial pledge of $275 does count... why would it not? When you select the tier pledge you wish to achieve, the system will tell you how much more you would have to pay to reach the next tier. There was no mention in the FAQ about paying the full amount for an upgrade because you do not have to pay the full amount to upgrade.

I don't think this thread applies to your situation.

If you have any more concerns about account issues I would suggest sending an email to support@portalarium.com.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

@Gracekain is correct here. To be clear though it's exact $$$ difference.

Tier selected - $ currently pledge (found in your account window) = upgrade cost.

IE: $275 pledge going to $550 tier (Citizen) would have $275 upgrade cost... so to answer your question directly: It counts 100% when you decide to upgrade.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

My Thanks for the Replies,

My concern is in this, is that when the amount of the desired donation level is next mentioned in the drop down menu, it still quotes the full amount of the preferred upgrade level, without doing the math involved (-) in the donation level choice. After filling in my payment Paypal/CreditCard information section, the enactment button of (Accept Terms and Continue) seems a gamble that my bank account may have more taken out than the applied math (-) would dictate.

It would seem a more secure transaction if at sometime/somewhere before the (Accept Terms and Conditions) would be accepted, that the math involved would have some mention that this (-) would be done, it be a pre-calculated decision before the time of pushing the (Accept Terms and Conditions) button.

~Whatcha Tink?~

13. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

When you log onto your SotA account, you do see your $275 pledge? It almost seems that your original pledge is not attached to your account. If you don't, then send support an email and make sure your donation is all fine and good.

If you do see it, make sure you are selecting upgrade and select the tear and payment required. It is kinda simple, that why I think your initial pledge isn't attached to your account. When you are entering your payment info you should see the difference already calculated. I have made payments using Paypal, credit card and amazon payments and each option shows the balance / difference owed to reach the next tear.

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thanks Again,

I think I will be sending an e-mail to support as I do see that I am registered at the Ancestor level with my $275 payment also in the register.

With upgrade donations that involve so many zeros, I want to insure that those zeros are properly counted or my accountant will surely have some lead boots and a river pick out for me by nightfall...

~Sil Rel~BubbleBubbleBubble~:(

X

15. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well I think that's one of the short comings of their pledge system. I can't just pledge more to my account. I don't want to start a payment plan for 2 reasons.

1) If I can't afford the payment plan that month I drive my debt up. Or conversely if my payment should be say $56 and I have $100 i'd like to drop I can't.
    2) payment plans COST, it might only be a small amount but that small amount might just be what I miss making the next pledge level by.

Lastly we don't know how the shop conversion system will work. Will it be 100% or will there be yet another fee?

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.