Additonal Avatars slots wreaking havoc on Friends list

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Belladonna Rose, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Although i love the idea of having multiple avatars on the accounts the issue i have no is the Friends list.
    Having 200+ people on the friends list is nice. But when they have multiple avatars on same account I am seeing names pop up that i have no idea who they are. I do not remove them as i have no idea if they are alts of someone i want to have on my list. There should be a way to filter or change this.
    I have a second avatar ..rarely play him. But maybe i dont want all the same friends as my Main avatar. Maybe i want different friends. LOL. THis is but one of the issues of sharing account info for second slot avatars.
    Anyone else have this issue

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Unless someone actively being a jerk, I wouldn't mind keeping them on the list. If I'm really curious who they are, I would just ask when they're online.

Kaffien and Jaesun like this.
  3. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Also dislike seeing names on the teleporter-target-list that i do not know. May it is time to start to delete them. People that want to stay in touch may say hello with their new char, so i know who it is.

If you want different "friends" (seems changeable for you like underpants) you may consider to buy a second account.

4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

That's why Catweazle is only on one of my friends lists. Because part of me hates him. And his underpants. :p

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Maybe this is why I'm seeing names in my send mail list that I don't recognise but can't see on my friends list?

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I would prefer the implementation of a Ruin book or something so our friends lists could actually be our friends list instead of a teleportation list.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

right click every name in your friends list you recognize, make a note about who they are. may take a while if you have a big list.

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I was under the impression that there was a way to hide when people log off and on in the chat window. I still have not found out how to do this. That is the main thing i guess about the huge list and folks i dont know.

9. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I actually don't mind having a lot of people on my friends list. The ones I don't really know I figure are future friends.

I just don't like how the friends list keeps popping up when I log in or change zones after the last patch.

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

is it pinned? turn it sideways.

Spoon and Jaesun like this.
  11. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Thanks Alley Oop I did not realize it was pinned...

Jaesun likes this.
  12. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Isn't the majority of these request for friends acceptance without a word of conversation, before or after acceptance. Just people getting a big friends list going to teleport around the game to cut down on travel time?

That is my gut feeling on 95% of the folks requesting my friendship...:eek:

I have deleted them all a couple times unless I new them somehow or someway. But then I accepted a bunch more unknowns as I soon realized I don't like walking that much either SOoooo...either give me my horse, my llama, a mule or make my airship fly across the ocean and sky!!

Just quit asking me to give you more for the privilege of having less.

I need something to get around on. ... least I go and buy me a starship somewhere else!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Alley Oop and Synergy Blaize like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I leave a note on each person with thename they had when i met them. That note persists across all thier characters

Spoon likes this.
  14. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I only add people I normally play with to my friend's list. I found out after 2+ years in-game, a large friend's list with teleport buddies was not very convenient. Plus when I want to form a group, I invite people from my list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.