1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Advanced trainers in castle atos

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by that_shawn_guy, Jan 2, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I like the "charm" of running all over the place to get the higher level skills. But, it seems to be confusing and/or irritating.

Suggestions:
    1) Move existing advanced trainers to Castle Atos
    2) Upgrade existing trainers in Castle Atos
    3) #2 plus let the existing advanced trainers give 100k adventuring EXP when they train a skill

#3 is just so there is a good reason to track them down.

edit: As Anpu pointed out, I mean Master Trainers

Also, I really like Oswald Dirthmire's idea to have Castle Atos Masters being able to train everything except specializations.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I Also think it's weird that there is only one master of something. It could be cool to add guilds! Could have a Mages guild with new masters, incorporate quests within the guild to provide untradeables like recipes or quest arties, as well as become the unlock for new spells/skills, could be a cool concept!

Could even include entry requirements, like at least one Magic school specced (or focus school), or stuff like that, as well as special dungeons only accessible from the guilds!

Anyways yeah, add Masters to Castle Atos and maybe other sources.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I just don't think this is a good idea as it takes the journey or quest of the thing and turns it into a factory with only the one goal, "get what we want as grinders faster".
    ~Time Lord~

4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Master trainers scattered throughout the world is another idea that's great on paper, but in reality it's often "google the trainer location, Tele to Zone, find the guy".

I got almost every skill in the game unlocked already, so this change won't affect me in the slightest... that being said, I'm favorable of placing master trainers scattered at Castle Atos, so it adds exploration value to the scene.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes, this holds true. I was searching for the Alchemy station and had trouble finding it and I also had to go in search of the "Safe Fall" area, which I did find through explortation.
    ~TL~

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think people might not be understanding the basics of Skills Trainers. Specifically in regards to the Adventuring Trainer in castle Atos:
    There are three types of Adventure Skill Trainers:
    Ting in Castle Atos is an Adventuring Trainer.

I'm not quite sure I see what the issue is? I do NOT want to see Master Trainers in Castle Atos. Just my opinion.

7. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Thanks for the correction. Yes, I mean Master Trainers in Castle Atos

Anpu likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

My consern is always that, each time we centralize something or take away from the need to move around the world/the board of our game, it makes the world seem smaller than it already is. I'd like to see our world "feel" larger, or at least not loose what size feeling it currently has ... left.
    ~TL~

that_shawn_guy and Anpu like this.
  9. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I'm in favor of this; I think it would be a good change especially with how quickly players can get enough XP to hit the level 3 skills these days. More than once I've helped folks find a master trainer on their first day of playing, and it can throw a wrench in the flow of the early game play. I really enjoy the current master trainer system, I think it's fun and adds depth and meaning to your build and your journey through the world, but I think that's a minority opinion amongst new players coming in.

I agree with others that it would be a shame not to reward players for seeking out the current master trainers spread throughout the world. I like Shawn's idea of a quest-like XP bump, or maybe even more encouraging would be a 1h or even 24h learning speed buff that affected only that skill? (A regular learning speed buff could lead to folks learning then unlearning and re-learing skills endlessly to maintain the buff, so seems it really would have to be tied only to that skill.)

How about the Castle Atos Masters being able to train everything except specializations? This would take care of the "looking for a master on day one" problem so that it didn't sideline new players, and the Castle Atos Masters would be a great chance to give a bit of guidance so that folks don't have to look outside the game for the locations of the throughout-the-world masters. The Atos Earth Master could have dialogue pointing folks to Jannaford's waterfall, for instance, to seek out the true master that can teach spec.

FrostII, Pifester, Gravidy and 3 others like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yep! ~TL~:)

11. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

atos needs vendor stalls, minigames and dancing monsters(last one caused by the mysterious mage in the right side of the castle).

is atos a pot or npc town, outside its a n.o.t. but inside it shows as a pot, havent explored it to see if we can live there?

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I hope that no one ever lives at Castle Atos as in occupying real estate. Castle Atos should be a place where players gather, visit and come to know each other from. Castle Atos should develop as our game's demands expand.

I also don't want to see dancing bears there that are not brought by their owners, as in personal pets.

Yet this also points to future possibilities to "host" player made carnivals in the form of player made events, PvP contests and banquets. I think those would be nice to have an area resurved for and the ability to be catered to.
    ~Time Lord~

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

castle atos is only flagged as a pot for dev use/flexibility, same as fishing expedition. there will be no lots for non-dev use.

14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Imo every tree should have 1 or maybe 2 skills that require a quest to unlock, just like the ones that have already existed for death, fire, and sun. That is a good role for a master trainer and a good reward for a quest. For everything else, I don't see much point in not just having all skills available on all trainers. All you're doing is just going to a guy, so it doesn't really add anything to the game to limit locations unless they are in some crazy place that takes real effort to get to.

Vaentorian, FBohler and Gravidy like this.
  15. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

i made a suggestion in someone elses thread about unlocking water/wind's tapeless form(they dont have nuclei/core to be stable summons otherwise, and water doesnt gain a more human form at gm:/, miss my bdo water summon), a quest to imbue weapons with elements or a bound armor from TES(not esos spell), would be nice, maybe as hidden quests that pop once 80-gm'd to talk to the master of said school and another master for a hybrid spell(not combo please)

Violet Ronso and Lazlo like this.
  16. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I am a new player who started to play online after the R106 outage and as I have a job I needed more than a day to need a master trainer. However if some players who have the time to put more hours into the game search for the master trainer already on their first day of playing then the proliferation of XP has gone too far and should slow down. It lessens the whole game experience if players just run through the game without ever stopping to immerse into the games world.

I enjoy the search for masters too. Basic Trainers are available already in the outskirts as the training area, Adventuring trainers can usually be found in the next larger town and that the Master trainers are unique makes them special. Think of movies like the 99 chambers of the Shaolin or other movies in which a character searches out training by a master of the art in a remote place and has to undergo a rigid training to achieve his advancement.
    Handing out master training like a hotdog at the next corner of every street diminishes their uniqueness and lessens the players experience of the game.

The reward should be finding the master and being able to train. The experience is earned on the way towards perfection.

If the only thing needed is an ingame way to find the Masters then simply have Basic Trainers mention the next town in which an Adventuring Trainer can be found, once the player has surpassed the skill level to be able to learn tier 3 skills. And Adventuring Trainers, once the player has developed a skill to be able to learn tier 4 skills mention the region in which the Master Trainer of that school is located.

The way is the goal.

17. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Do the advanced trainers really add anything to the game? Does anyone think it is enjoyable to have to go research where you need to go? Do newer players even understand the need to find an advanced trainer? Maybe in the name of simplicity (which could means players in seats) we should consider letting all skills be trained at all trainers?

Just wanted to add that I also like the idea of having master trainers in Castle Atos, maybe in an academy?

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

A few of them have a quest you need to complete for them to unlock some skills on them to teach them to you. I personally like that part.

19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Maybe we need two types of trainers,

• One that takes the skill levels to 100 (that would be a good one for Castle Atos, because 100 is an easy number to reach)
    • The others to train the skills levels beyond 100 (that would be good for our existing master trainers)
    0-100 is easy to reach and truly "master levels" is anything beyond 100
    I think we all know this basic reasoning when applied to our own chrs.

~Time Lord~

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.