1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Adventurer level - Blessing & Artefacts

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Morgathys, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

As the Adventurer level do nothing in combat mechanisms, I suggest to change the Middle Downs Blessing and also the artefacts like necklace of civility & Warlock’s chain.

edit: I changed game mechanism for combat mechanism.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I was under the impression Adventure Level was part of the SOTA math when determining magic or weapon power. No?

Arya Stoneheart likes this.
  3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

We could really use clarification on this. For sure adventure level affects health and focus levels, which affect health and focus regeneration rates. It also affects the color certain mobs show up as for your character. What is unclear is whether that color change in itself makes the mob easier/harder to fight in some way (chance to hit, how much damage the hit does, ect). There are some strong opinions on this but without seeing the code we really don't know. Maybe the answer will come out when Chris implements 'verbose' mode in chat.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think the "official" word is that AL doesn't affect combat. But it does feel like when mobs go from orange to yellow they become a lot easier, more so than just getting an extra 2-3 points of health and focus would indicate.

5. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I have the same feeling but I have been told by different sources that doesn’t affect combat mechanism.

I have no proof and its based on my feeling but my doubts still there.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I had the understanding that adventure level does also play a small part in hit and miss calculations and I do believe I've noticed a difference here.

7. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I feel the same, though not provable, my understanding is the AL has no effect on any of our maths. This was done for PvP so only skills and stats mattered. I do sometimes wonder if AL was taken out of all our maths but whether AL, or maybe colour, is still in the mob maths. As NPC maths must be different to a degree as they don't have focus etc.

Regards
    Spung

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Now that you mention it, I very vaguely recall something about it being removed for PvP some time ago. I do think it still applies to non-PvP though.

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Adventurer level gives you more health and focus.

10. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Well, I meant “combat mechanism”, I edited my post. Thanks to bring it up.

Barugon likes this.
  11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Hit and miss does not exist in the game anymore in the sense that it did when adventure level used to affect it.

Adventure level has long since no longer done this, and the only thing in game that it affects is your health, focus, and the color of creature names.

at lvl 100, each additional level gives about +2 focus and health

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.