"Adventurer Levels, when viewed from the Character Sheet..."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

What is this comment in the "Known Issues" regarding?

I don't see anything talking about AL in the character sheet. :confused:

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Mouse-over your name

On your character sheet

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  3. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

That's odd I would have thought that was intentional.

4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

It doesn't update from the Shrine either for that matter.
    Honestly without the "Known Issue" bit I'm right there with you.

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Not sure why it would seem to be intentional @Trihugger , @Andartianna , to not display your current level. If your Adventure Level changes due to gear or devotional buffs the hover-over should update to reflect your current level. The same thing occurs when you have gear/buffs that alter your Health/Focus/Stats,etc.

6. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Because then it's harder to fake your actual level when doing screen shots. If they change it they should do a real level and a buffed level showing as two numbers.

Aldo likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If using gear to boost your level has the exact same effect as grinding to get to that level then what's the difference?

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it doesn't have the exact same effect. if you grind the levels up, you have that extra experience to put in skills.

9. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Not necessarily, you can never know how much experience each player has lost on death penalties or unlearning, or gained through the daily logon bonus.

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

true, but if you know they didn't grind it up you know they don't have any of it.

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Should we do the same for your Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Hit Points,etc. Those are all modified numbers based on your gear/buffs, which don't reflect the base of each attribute. Granted, it would be nice to know what the base of some of those are, but if you do that for everything on your Character Sheet, it will become cluttered quite fast.

Barugon likes this.
  12. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Knowing your unbuffed stats in pvp is not helpful since you are not really going to be fighting in an unbuffed state however knowing your unbuff adventure level is helpful as it gives us a general idea of how much experience and time you have spent playing. Granted you could still suck at the game but at least then we know you put in the effort. This is also really helpful when picking zones for leveling lower players in as it's a quick way to understand what they can handle in pve.

13. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You didn't mention any specific reason for thinking that not displaying a persons current AL was intentional. Now that you mention it, however, I would think that may be something that some players might not want everyone to see. Adventure Level tells you nothing other than the player gained enough Exp to warrant their Adventurer Level. It doesn't tell you whether they mainly tagged along with others while gaining xp. Yeah, they put the time in, but, not much effort. Even if the game does display the buffed Adv Level, you can figure out the real AL, with a -5 AL for the devo buff, by looking at the gear on a players character sheet. Not sure I agree with AL being a quick way to determine which zones a player can handle. It might give you a decent baseline to start from, but you would want to take their build into account, and health. Depending on the mob, you might have to take their resists to certain types of damage into account,etc. Anyway, it seemed an oversight, to me, to not display the current AL on character sheets, especially given that the rest of the character sheet reflects the current state of all the other attributes on it.

14. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

ok so different opinions you asked why I thought it was intentional and I stated that I thought they didn't want players to be able to fake it and gave the reason why faking it would not be great when weight people. Weather you agree with the weighing makes no difference to me the people that will use it still will. BTW disparaging people who played together to raise their adventure level is kinda low some people are actually social in this game especially since you don't exactly get more experience for adventure in groups. I can make almost 3 times as much exp solo so group levelers certain spent a lot of time getting up.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Solazur likes this.
  15. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I didn't disparage anyone. I merely stated a fact. Those that tag along and don't do much of the actual hunting may not be as proficient at fighting as someone who has gone out solo, not including healers/buffers/debuffers(thats not their function).

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I would rather see such things displayed as "base + buffs", like "75+4". I think that producer level and skill levels are also generally displayed as only the unmodified base level.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  17. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Wow... Lively discussion!

Not much of a dueler here, however I did have the impression that AL is fairly irrelevant for PvP...?

18. Gix

Gix Avatar

It’s more of an issue if the AdvLvl influences chance-to-hit. I’m not sure if it’s still the case.

I believe that the biggest factor is spell attunement.

19. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

The only part of adventure level that doesn't effect pvp is hit chance. All other effects are still present and it still tells you quite a bit about the person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.