AERIE Fund - Cult of Bob - Direct Relief Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Make a Difference' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_the-Builder

Bob_the-Builder Avatar

Hey everybody--Bob the Builder here. I can't express how much what you all have done means to me. It is truly a generous and amazing thing. Thanks so much. To be honest, I kept this accident mostly to myself because it was embarrassing. I was exactly 7 days away from my Obama Care kicking when I tripped over my vacuum cleaner--breaking 9 ribs. Fast forward a hospital visit and a few extremely painful weeks.Thousands of dollars of medical bills came flooding in and I still haven't found a real job. Out of the clear blue, Justyn contacted me saying she was checking on me and to be honest, it was about the lowest I'd ever felt in my life so I just spilled about what happened to me. Justyn told me she had a weird feeling something was wrong on my end and boy was she right. I think it was the next day that Justyn contacted me again, telling me about this Gamers for Gamers thing, and how you all wanted to help me out on the medical bills. I couldn't believe it and then I remembered she had spoken to me about this charity many months prior, but honestly I had forgotten about it. Justyn said she, Chad and the rest of you wanted to help. I'm a proud guy who has always helped other people financially when they needed it (and dog rescues), but this was the first time the shoe was finally on the other foot. I am humbled by what you all have done for me. Thank you. Last night I had a dream that I had to get in to work because I had to fix something on a player house. I have lost jobs before but never one as good as Portalarium. I have nothing but the best memories. Thanks for that.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Bob_the-Builder we miss you and I wondered how you did it. Falling over a vacuum it sounds like something out of a comedy film but then ex hubby broke a couple a few weeks ago when we went down for my dads funeral and he tripped over a medium size dog and obviously woke me in the process. So. I speak from the heart when I wish your ribs to stop hurting cos there is so little you can do about it.

Big hugs and we miss you but I think many of us are just glad we got to help you in your hour of need.

3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I tried to tell him he was beloved. I don't think he believed me.

4. greenerpastures

greenerpastures Avatar

We are having a beach party to support the Bob! Come visit Celestial Gardens next Wednesday, September 12 at 8PM Central to dance, play games and win prizes! Full event details are in the linked post, but if you simple show up and have a good time it raises money for the cause, plus you could win a Tax Free Place Anywhere Deed and Bobservatory!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-of-bob-beach-bunny-party-sept-12-8pm.141002/

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

NO BIG HUGS UNTIL THE RIBS HEAL!!!!!

But yes, he is missed very much. 8^D

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Bob_the-Builder - About the job thing... you should think about running for President.

Trumps not so popular these days and we ALL love you here so it's a sure thing!

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the fall and the broken ribs.

7. Bob_the-Builder

Bob_the-Builder Avatar

You guys are so awesome. I would run for president but I think the whole drunken rabbit thing could be used against me!

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Drunken Rabbit For President!!!!

I think as long as you wear the outfit at least once during a televised debate, the votes will definitely go your way.

Just end at least one of your political ads with, I'm Bob and when I'm sober and not a rabbit I still approve this message. That way all bases are covered.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

@Bob_the-Builder - you are great Bob! Get well soon and I'm so glad to help in any way I can. I miss you when I visit the Studio, and more importantly, the gaming world misses your talent ... needs your talent!

I hope to see you in Austin in October ... lot's going on that month!

http://www.winfieldgatherings.com/

Oh found you on a Livestream on June 8, 2018!

At 00:21:00 in the program!

10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

These are the good things we get in life when we give our best to others, like you awalys did :)

Wish you a quick recovery Bob, hugs from Spain!

11. Bob_the-Builder

Bob_the-Builder Avatar

Thanks so much, community. Yes I will be there in October for the meet up. But no rabbit suit--Fletcher stole it and did something...Well something unnatural with it.

12. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

13. greenerpastures

greenerpastures Avatar

14. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

$4100+ great community!

15. Bob_the-Builder

Bob_the-Builder Avatar

Fantastic community. You guys are awesome.

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I always knew, vacuum cleaner could be dangerous - what a nightmare!
    How true this feeling was about those noisy dust sucking monsters ;)

Oh, Bob, may your ribs heal fast. All best wishes for your health!
    I think a lot of people will keep you in mind and prayer :)

About a job: take your given time to take a sheet of paper and write down what you would like to do after you are healthy again :)
    Two times in my life I was at that point, too, asking me: what to do next?
    Focusing on that, what I really would like to do, looking around, checking options, and a few months, helped to find a solution ...
    Be trustful :)

Best wishes for your new - really good and fulfilling - job!

17. Bob_the-Builder

Bob_the-Builder Avatar

Hi Paladin--I'd ideally like to get into army/war simulations. Right now there are no environment jobs in that field. Something will come along. I am taking this time to learn some new programs. I'm also helping two friends with a phone game but it's no pay. We'll see. I am finding that there are all kinds of jobs scams online--you have to research every one of them thoroughly.

Again thanks to all of you. I am honored.

18. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

OP updated with initiative expiration:

UPDATE 2: Cult of Bob GoFundMe Page will be going until midnight September 16th - if you'd like to donate there's still a few days left!

Thank you for all your support!

19. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I will be talking about @Bob_the-Builder, Aerie Fund and the SOTA community in general on Wylde Safari tonight (yes...I talk a lot, but I will play some music in there too...LOL) and making sure those tuning in are aware of the fund raising initiative that ends at Midnight. Thanks @Thexedor Markhamm for the update!

I am so astounded by the love and generosity of this community! It is amazing:

$4,285 of $2,500 goal
    Raised by 60 people in 10 days

Life is always better with people like Bob in it. We need more men in bunny suits reminding us to NEVER let go of our inner child.

Peace to all,
    Fionwyn aka Sister Love

20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Where is it???
    Have a link for us? :)

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.