AERIE Fund - Master of the Forge (2017) - RESULTS

Discussion in 'Make a Difference' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

[​IMG]

2017 MASTER OF THE FORGE - RESULTS

Thanks to our awesome developers and community members AERIE Fund raised an amazing $5,571.32 during the Master of the Forge auctions! These funds will be put to good use as we continue to help members of our community who are in need, and will provide us the needed operating resources to keep the AERIE Fund going for the year ahead.

Since February of this year, we’ve raised an incredible $77,911.32 (including the MoF funds) and have paid out $70,584.00 to well-vetted players in need and to charities we support (Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Trevor Project, and the Children’s Miracle Hospital Network).

Thanks to your support, we're able to provide a place for Avatars to go when times are tough, and build an altruistic gaming network inside of New Britannia and out.

THANK YOU!

For more info on AERIE Fund, you can visit our FAQ Thread or our website.

COMPETITION WINNERS:

Results are based off of cumulative 'likes' for submitted items.

2017 Master of the Forge (Developer):
    @DarkStarr
    w/31 Likes

Darkstarr not only created truly epic gear, he did it twice. *Seriously* The number and quality of his pieces made this no easy feat. Not only were his creations death and chaos inspired, they were crafted over the course of days (during his off time). We're grateful for his dedication and his support.

[​IMG]

2017 Master of the Forge (Community):
    @Boedy Arc
    w/24 Likes

Boedy's Courage & Copper set was crafted with the finesse of a artisan. Those of you who know Boedy, know that he takes his crafting *very* seriously. This set was composed of nearly 1 million GP of in-game resources funneled through his impressive skillset at the crafting tables. We're honored that Boedy donated his time and energy to this cause.

[​IMG]

Honorable Community Mentions:

@Elrond - One of Novia Market's top crafters, this master carpenter submitted an incredible set of necro-wands that were a hit at the auction house this past weekend. Thanks, Elrond! Do go and check out his wares. You won't be disappointed.

@Antrax Artek - When he's not collecting skulls in Blood Bay, Antrax is an amazing crafter who submitted his world-famous Paladin Hammer and and a heavily enchanted Sun Halberd *gasp*. When you see Antrax in Novia give him a shout out, but don't get too close. You probably won't live very long.

Thanks to ALL participating Devs:

@Lord British
    @Chris
    @Lum the Mad
    @matpsch (Gix)
    @wizardsmoke
    List Rostov
    Xyggy Darkmatter
    @Rok Yrikk

These guys are busy (you know, launching a game) and we're humbled they spent some of their downtime crafting some goodies to support our org.

Final Thoughts:

At AERIE Fund we try to make giving and gaming a fun and rewarding experience. This Master of the Forge contest was our first attempt at a large-scale crafting competition. We definitely learned a lot from this event and will build upon what worked/didn't for future MoF events. For example, we learned that community members need more time (like months, not weeks) to work on their submissions. ;)

All in all, we're very pleased with our first run. We hope you guys enjoyed seeing what the Devs and Community-crafters submitted!

THANK YOU, COMMUNITY!

We wouldn't be here without you. We've got some big things planned for 2018 - so stay tuned. There's more good works to do!

And, as always, if you or an avatar you know requires charitable assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to us. Visit aeriefund.org and learn how to apply for aid.

CC:
    @Berek

hroth, By Tor, gadget and 7 others like this.
  2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

It's not everyday i get a chance to do a good deed. Im glad i was offered this opportunity. You are doing great work Thex.:)

hroth, By Tor, gadget and 4 others like this.
  3. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

As are you, Elrond! Your work is awesome. And, I'm not just saying that - see my bow? ;)

[​IMG]

I call it the Bane of Torc 'Dawl. :)

hroth, By Tor, gadget and 3 others like this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It was truly an honor to contribute!

5. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

HUH i WON...... :) NICE called in one with Darkstarr

THX was me a Honor....and i will defend 1. place next time of course

6. Chaox

Chaox Associate Producer SOTA Developer

Congrats! Fantastic to see.

7. gadget

gadget Avatar

thanks, this was an outstanding fund raiser, and i sincerely appreciate the opportunity to own some classic gear.
    ended up with DarkStarr's leather armor set and chaos rain of death bow, that's quite some gear ... current status #displayed
    @DarkStarr at some point may i please get an inigame photo with you wearing my gear, i'd appreciate it, thank you jeff (RatavA)

Lightning2 and Elrond like this.
  8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Great job devs, community and especially you, Thex! You're a real life avatar of virtue! :)

hroth, gadget and Elrond like this.