Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Aerie - message says I heard sobbing from tavern but no one in tavern

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Rinaldi, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

2/25/2018 8:21 AM
    Title: Aerie - message says I heard sobbing from tavern but no one in tavern
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: when i ran passed the tavern in Aerie, a message on my screen sais I hear loud sobbing coming from the tavern. So, I went in the Tavern, and the tavern was empty. Upstairs in the inn, the in keeper was in bed & Fitz Gaeaf was in a room, neither of them was crying. It seems like this message should trigger only when the relevant NPC is actually in the tavern.
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.735.Date.02.23.18
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (71.2, 27.9, 4.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDcxLjE4NCwgMjcuOTA4LCA0LjY1OCl8KDAsIDAuODI3LCAwLCAwLjU2MSl8LTE0MjYuOTY2fDE2LjQyODg3fDIuMjc0NTU2

2. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Which tavern did you go into? There are 2 on the market square. You have to go into the one next to the adventure trainer. I went to the wrong one at first before realising there is 2 there

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Well, maybe they should state which tavern. Perhaps state the direction (e.g. tavern to the east)?
    Supposedly I can hear where the sobbing is coming from, so i think giving the direction from which i hear the sobbing would make sense.

4. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Or even simpler, state it is coming from tavern XYZ (Can't remember the name) :)

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm speculating here :) , but ive been in Aerie a couple of times over recent days and when its under siege, the Oracle was missing and for me at least, a few key quest NPCs and traders also.
    I'm wondering whether the locals and the Oracle are related to the siege as I popped back yesterday when the previous siege was ended and everyone was back at their jobs.

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Well, one could look up at their compass and see the NPC marker pointing one in the direction from which the sobbing came. Just sayin'. ;)

Rentier likes this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I did not check the compass because I do not typically use the compass. Also, I have the sparkly quest markers on my compass turned off, so I am guessing the marker for this quest would not have shown up (or at last not sparkled).
    Seems more appropriate to have the text indicate more clearly where the sobbing is coming from, rather than requiring someone to consult the compass. Just my opinion.
    For now, i guess i'll start having to look at the blue sparky things on the compass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.