Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Aether Creature scenes not showing as tier+ zones on the overworld (or in scene)

Discussion in 'Release 56 QA Feedback' started by jiirc, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I was checking out the release notes and it struck me that the scenes that were spawning the aether creatures aren't listed as Tier+ adventure scenes in the notes. Nor are they showing as Tier+ scenes on the overworld map scene names eiter. I would expect that these zones should be labelled as Tier+ zones, scince they do have stronger mobs in the areas. The same with the skull markers inside the scenes.

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Your note has reminded me that I have been meaning to share how we're implementing the plus marker. First, I'll mentions these three basic situations: Many scenes have enemies of a single tier throughout, a few scenes have several one-off enemies of a higher tier, and some scenes have large sections with higher-tier enemies.

The "+" marker is added to scenes that have a major section of enemies that are a higher than the rest of the scene. For example, a large Tier 6 bandit camp on the far side of a Tier 5 scene...that's a Tier 5+ scene. We're not adding the "+" to scenes that simply have a one-off higher-tier enemy (like a single Tier 6 or even Tier 8 enemy in a Tier 5 scene). Scenes with high-tier "boss" enemies that dominate a wide area we're taking on a case-by-case basis. Scenes with temporary higher-tier enemies won't be getting a temporary "+" marker.

Rentier, Senash Kasigal and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.