"African American" character face/color

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Albreuin Meysinger, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albreuin Meysinger

Albreuin Meysinger Avatar

Hi

Firstly I feel I should state that I'm half black half white myself and English is not my mother tongue so sorry if I'm butchering the language in my post

I envy Robert Villines face (the magistrate in Blood River) and I've tried to recreate his face in the character creator. Either he simply have a custom face that you can't recreate or I'm just missing something.
    Robert seem to have a special texture that makes him look a little older and weathered, that part I'm not trying to reproduce. I'm just trying to reproduce his basic face appearance as it is the kind of face I want for my avatar.

Thought I'd ask if anyone who is better with the creator than I am would be willing to give me some tips and tricks to at least get something close to Roberts face.

Cheers

Beaumaris, Chris, firesparx and 8 others like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'm not familiar with the Blood River Magistrate, but I do know that the avatar creation interface currently only offers very basic facial changes. If you've tried to create the face you want and failed, then it is probably not possible.

I am fairly confident that further facial customization will eventually be possible in the game. There is great demand for customization, and it is one area where SotA falls far behind other RPG games.

3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Didn’t they even say that most NPCs will have an individual look?
    Anyway, a magistrate seems to be an important person and that way it is likely that the devs choose a more individual face for this NPC.
    I think too that the devs said a while ago that they will add later some more possibilities to customize our avatars but I think this is no top priority on their work list and as we will be able to change our appearance it shouldn’t be a problem to wait some months. (if this is still scheduled)
    Maybe the devs even already use some of these new possibilities for the NPCs and this is the reason why you cannot reproduce the face. ;)

4. Albreuin Meysinger

[​IMG] Thank you for your feedback guys.

Here is Robert's face:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There's also a vendor (don't remember exactly what type of vendor she is) in Aerie that has a face and a ebony brown skin color that we the players do not have access to.

It's weird how the darker skin colors in the character creator are not brown-black but instead gray like stone...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

<-- Don't know how I feel about this whole thread... *sigh*

6. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Then give him pointers on how you achieved the look, that is basically what he is asking for. Then sigh away all you like..

7. Albreuin Meysinger

What do you mean?

Wouldn't mind some pointers from you about your look though.. My character also has the Van Dyke beard, the default brown skin color and wide nose with thick lips but he still just looks like a caucasian guy that spends a lot of time in the solarium.

Your look is much better than mine.

Want to share some info? :cool:

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

It isn't possible to make a non caucasian face at this time. The base for the facial characteristics is caucasian and, as far as it may be stretched w/ the many options available, it remains caucasian (and not even covering the uniqueness of all caucasians; rather, just a certain type or types is represented).

The game does lend itself to different backgrounds and ethnicities (as the NPC's you've come across as well as those of the Perennial Coast attest) and perhaps @DarkStarr can comment on any future plans for accommodating players in this area.

Salazar Calabra and nonaware like this.
  9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yes our current character customization only lets you come "close" but doesn't really let you get a truly believable character of other ethnicity. For instance to really get a good African ethnicity we would need eye sclera color as an option so that the eye sclera would not look so white. We do plan to make these better when we can but we do not have an ETA on when that will be.

10. Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest Avatar

Once those more complex customization choices are implemented, it's make-over party time!

I'm hoping we can get a ginger hair color that doesn't look like it came out of the Fifth Element ;)

11. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

Mul Tee Pass?

I'd like more realistic red hair as well.

12. Albreuin Meysinger

When you implement more customization I hope that you'll give us the option to change the appearances of our avatars either for free or by real world currency.

Body types is really needed as well. Don't like how muscular the male body is and how non-muscular the female is.

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's already available at "new you" vendors in ardoris and brittany

14. Albreuin Meysinger

But you can't change gender there I suppose?

Nice to have that option as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.