Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

after the 5 GB hotfix in steam avast marked the exe as virus

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Arsat, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsat

Arsat Avatar

Hi.

I had the hotfix from 5 GB in Steam. I start the game. I logged in, choose play online again and after i was ingame the game closed and avast virusscanner sayed shroud of the avatar.exe is an IDP.Generic

I have the payed version from avast with firewall.

Go pro...

Waiting for a fix... buying Legends of Aria for now..

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Arsat avast is one of the few that love to mark sota peices as a virus, you just need to whitelist them as OK

3. Arsat

Arsat Avatar

and when i whitelist all games as non virus i can deinstall my AV.

Its not my job as consumer to fix bad code.

It happend more then one times in history that patchserver was hacked and player download a virus from official servers. When the devs cant do there job perhaps its time for a job change.

Avast isnt a exotic AV. The payed version is exotic ok (the most dont wanna pay for a av) but not the free version.

When i read your post it looks like its not the first time that happend after a patch. Sorry but then its the job of the devs to look why this happend, Avast always answer to mails, and make this never happend again.

When a doctor or car mechanic or ... or ... or ... make a mistake you want a fix too. Only gamedevs have an extra bonus from the fanboys and thats not ok !

Last edited: May 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.