1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Aggregating Vendor requests

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is why it's a feature request.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@BurningToad Thanks for putting sales back in chat, please add price in as well (it used to be there.) This doesn't help us automate our sales log without it.

Added this section:

• Add Sale/Order Fulfilled information back to chat window/log
    • Sale
      • Time, item, quantity, price, vendor ID, town, unique item ID
    • Order fulfilled
      • Time, item, quantity, price, vendor ID, town
    -----
    (I'm watching to see if I get a chat notification of Order Fulfilled, that might be done/partially done already and I just haven't seen it.)

(Unique item ID is if you can get us an ID on specific pieces of gear so we can tell which Copper Helm +9 we sold)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Nick and Dereck Visaard like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Added:

Locate Vendor Items interface
    • Add price of items
    • When sorting by vendor location, secondary sort by item name
    • Add a "Buy Orders" tab
    Currently when sorting by location, the item names column seems to be totally random. For instance, in one vendor I have 3 Carved Oak Cabinets. I only have one vendor there, but the cabinets are scattered out as (roughly) items numbered 7, 32, and 39.

Ideally after sorting by vendor location, the Item Name column would be secondarily sorted by name, so all the items within a certain city are now alphabetically listed, then again with the next city.

A buy orders tab, and prices, would help us keep our vendors up to date so that we don't have something somewhere that hasn't been updated to reflect market conditions.

Thanks.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'll put it in as a possible solution, but knowing the way they think about vendors it has 0% of making it in unless it's sold to them right. The main problem is that they are always worried about vendor capacity, so inventory in bags needs to count against the maximum as well.

It's a radical enough idea that the only way to do that is to present the idea at the telethon or in an incredibly well worded wishlist request. Please do so, I do see the merit.

--Updates-- 3 Done, great additions thanks!

Done:

• Town Crier or Overland mouse over indication of number of vendors and/or sales volume
    • Increase dark area size and opaqueness behind tabs for readability on light backgrounds
    • Change "This vendor is empty" during item loading to "Let's see what I've got for you" while loading, and "Sorry, I'm out of stock" if empty.
    Added:

• Stack identical items (identical books for example)
    • This is going backwards with new furniture, which is no longer stackable.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Added the most obvious thing, which I'm sure has been suggested but I just haven't seen/linked to it, so no credit to me on this. This will take our immersion up a million times, and give players a real reason to come indoors, the ability to list/buy things on the floor.

To get ahead of the the problem of multiple vendors, here's the implementation I see. Decorate your house. Right click -> add to a specific, already placed vendor. That launches that "listing" window.

This way, if you yank a vendor, but there is one still there, there is no trying to figure out which item was listed on which vendor, and it also is easy to count against the max items on vendor limit.

This also still leaves players the ability to put a bunch of things "in the back," ie. they aren't displayed, but they are for sale on the vendor.
    • Right click -> add to (specific) vendor for decoration in the building

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Added:
    • Charge commission after sale on commissioned vendors

In response to this thread: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-team-re-cf-vendors.105899/page-2#post-915741

It appears everyone (so far) is in agreement that the commission should be charged after the sale, as the current functionality is basically broken. This includes a bunch of people who own CF Vendors, who would ostensibly be losing a bit of value due to the change.

Oh, forgot this thread, which makes most of the same points:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/commissioned-vendors-and-pricing.97811/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    KnownInGameAsGeorge and Spoon like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Added

"Tab between from Quantity to Price to Sign for Listing" to sell orders.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lined out:
    • Transfer Vendor in Property Manager (no need to restock)
    Great job! No idea when this happened but it sure is nice.

Added:
    • When "Transaction" (Manage Inventory or Manage Sales Orders) is launched, put cursor automatically in the first field so we can immediately type instead of moving the mouse to select that field
    • Tab to "Sign" so mouse isn't needed.
    Edited:
    • Add missing crafted items including components
    to include components. Basically everything one day. I see there are more things in the Sell Orders area, so again, Good Job!

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lined out:
    • Temporary possibility: patterns
    Devs have said it's the first step, so it stays as "Temporary". And yes, they look so much more fancy now!

And I WOULD line through "Sort by Date Listed" but somehow we, the players, totally missed that! Or I missed it when someone suggested it! Great job Devs getting out ahead on that one.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Lace just said that a Durability column should be added to vendors during the livestream. Adding it in.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lined Out:
    • Visible way to see a vendor has been updated recently, is empty,
    Great job team!

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lined out:

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Nog likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've spent the last week trying to hash out vendor improvements. I'm going to split this into a couple of replies according to topic.

I've also made a tinyURL for this thread since it can be hard to find it in Search.

tinyURL.com/SotaVendorRequests

The other night I figured out a simple way to fix some problems and vastly improve the flexibility of the vendor window.

Make the Buy, Sell, Manage Inventory, Manage Orders, (and a Records Tab if that is possible) Dockable/Undockable tabs, in the same manner as the chat window.

This allows us to check prices on other items, see if we have something listed already, see if someone else has the same thing listed, etc., without having to click back and forth between tabs. Now we can leave open the windows we need.

Adding: Make Tabs Dockable/Undockable

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Tabs as they are now:

Buy tab

Left Side: Inventory on vendor

Right Side: Proposed Exchange / Giant empty space until something happens​

Sell tab

Left Side: Things the vendor will buy

Right Side: Proposed Exchange / Giant empty space until something happens​

Manage Inventory Tab:

Left: Inventory on player (redundant, player can open inventory if needed)

Right: Buy tab minus other players listings or a search field (redundant with less information)​

Manage Orders Tab:

Left: All the options of things to buy

Right: Sell tab minus other players listings or a search field (redundant with less information)​

Some thoughts:

Adding: Consider shrinking the screen space of, or collapsing "Proposed Exchange" until there is a proposed exchange, and/or adding a slideout button >>.

The lack of other players information in Manage tabs makes us have to repeatedly switch over to the Buy or Sell tabs to see if someone else has listed, what the price is, etc.

So for instance, if I want to see if someone else has listed the same thing, I have to switch to the Buy tab and then back to the Manage tab, back and forth, time and again.

Additionally, they don't have a search field, so we have to manually look for our own items.

Adding: Manage Inventory & Manage Orders need to show all listings, not just mine, so we can list at the same price and/or not duplicate listings.

Adding: Other players listings should be grayed out with an option (checkbox) to hide/unhide.

Consider reworking the Buy/Manage Inventory relationship, particularly if Dockable Tabs happen. Perhaps Buy/Manage Orders can be rolled into one window (since we can use our Inventory instead of the vendor pulling up another copy), and Sell/Manage Orders rolled into a single set, the available items listing and what you have for sale.

Adding: Consider rolling Manage Inventory into Buy and Manage Orders into Sale.

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

All tabs need a search field. If the window system stays the same, with two windows per tab, both windows need a search field.

We update our vendor inventory from player inventory, bags in inventory, and containers placed around the vendor, as well as use mail to find information about listings. A button that propagates what is typed in the current search field into all other search fields would be incredibly useful.

Adding: All tabs and windows in the vendor UI need their own Search Field.
    Adding: Button next to each Search Field that propagates what is written there across all currently visible Search Fields.

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Misc:

Adding: Add a "Recent Transactions" Tab

Because the window that pops up when you are about to list something blocks important information.

Adding: Make popup transaction window movable

Quantity field when creating Buy Orders autofills with a 1 when you clear the field. This is probably a bug, as it works different than all of the other fields, but I'll put it here. (It's also really annoying if you need to change what you typed, and are trying to put in an order that doesn't start with 1.)

Adding: Remove autofill in Quantity field of create Buy Orders when backspacing (probably a bug).

Because people are starting to use single word short names just to not have to wait for the signature

Adding: Speed up signing, or let us choose a 3 letter speed signature.

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We need one handed interaction via just the keyboard. This will speed us up and hopefully cut down on repetitive stress injuries.

Since this is largely focused around the numpad, and Tab is used for targeting, here is the scheme I came up with.

• Arrow keys Up/Down within players inventory to move the highlight.
    • Page Up/Down move the highlight farther.
    • Arrow Left/Right in inventory act the same as dragging the item to the sell window.
    • Arrow keys move between fields and buttons when transaction window has focus.
    • Enter activates buttons.
    • Number keys function as normal.
    Adding: Create functionality for one handed speed listing (see below)

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Special cases:

For vendors who create buy orders for new players (this is a service, it would be MUCH easier to just buy in quantity from veterans), we need a way to limit specific ones from being completely fulfilled by one person. So for example, if I am buy silver ore near the Tier 2 silver mine, I want new players to always be able to find buy orders there, which necessitates that I limit the maximum amount someone with 1000's of ore can sell me. I suggest a time limited method.

This is intended to be for after we can allow people to buy/sell partial stacks.

Adding: Method for limiting maximum amount one person can fill in purchase orders of a specific material (probably time locking).

For vendors who have a consistent inventory, the ability to "save" the state of the vendor, and then see items that are missing from inventory (because they've been bought usually) as red (gray is taken by other players items). Double clicking the item in the Inventory Management screen will open the listing of window with that item preloaded if it is in your inventory. Similar to not having to drag select each item in crafting, double clicking the recipe loads the table.

Adding: "Save" state for vendor, with visual cue (such as the name being in red) of missing item.
    Adding: Double click check inventory and if item is there launches transaction window with previous price pre-loaded

Merging: Remember price of item, set that as Suggested Price next time into the above line

Changed for clarity: Tab between Quantity to Price to Sign for Listing so mouse isn't needed

to: One handed listing

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

maybe if you right click a bag of things you can see whats in it even if that is just a description.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.