Aggro Observations and question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vasflam2, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

It seems like I cannot hold aggro against any of my archers INCLUDING the archers that are a much lower level then I. I tried giving myself a 30 second lead while spamming taunt and the archers, using escape, pulled aggro as soon as they started firing. We tested this on the troll last night and I spent the entire time chasing the troll and never regaining control.

Are there other abilities in that have high aggro in the sword and board trees?

It seems like taunt is only good for holding groups of mobs not a single target.

Arc, Fister Magee and Aimend like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

There's also the "Escape" skill that your archers should be using to reduce aggro.

3. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

I mentioned in my post that they were using escape.

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I sincerely apologize; I completely missed it.

5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Maybe the moon tree thingie:confused:, the one after animal charm? Though if the troll counts as an animal, that too will work wonders on throwing agro onto anything else the troll might not like.

6. Darkmelons

Darkmelons Avatar

It simply is not enough that they have the skill and use it. They need to have it leveled accordingly. Not sure if they did or not, but that being said, as an archer, I find this skill to be less than reliable in its current state.

7. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

The archers in my group have said the same thing. That being said, I am more concerned with how useless taunt seems.

Does anyone have any idea how the aggro mechanic works? Do you simply gain aggro by having a higher number? Why would my level 98 blade mastery with level 60-80 blade skills be far less threatening then an archer that is only at 70?

Is there a stance that creates high aggro?

Darkmelons and margaritte like this.
  8. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I don't know but I'd really like aggro explained to me as well.
    You can have two players with the same equipment, and using the same abilities, one 5 levels higher than the other and start combat first and have the mob half dead and the lower level one will pull aggro almost every time after their first attack.

9. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Im feeling like the aggro for tanks are messed up. This game have no love for tanks, at all. Im using all my taunt, and bashing skills to hold the aggro of the troll or other mobs. Thats a big fail. I cant hold anything. If i want to build a tank and cant hold the aggro.. whats the point? for real! Whats the point of a tank that cant hold aggro? Taunt need to be, at least, 5x times better than it is now

margaritte likes this.
  10. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Please, Can any Dev talk to us about Aggro? Or anyone that knows

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't group much and don't know the answer, but based on these descriptions it sounds like maybe being last to engage makes you more likely to draw agro.

edit: or possibly mobs target lower level players or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Arc likes this.
  12. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Escape:

I wanted to try this skill out because sometimes I get overwhelmed by mobs. I've been trying it on elves and it seems to have no effect. The look ahead 20 levels only shows an increase in range (I tried it many times point blank), so what's the deal? Is it broken? Does it only work in combination with someone else taunting?

14. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

From the Release 33 Notes:

"Agro: Fixed issues related to how creatures calculated and recalculated agro. This should allow players to actually tank finally. "

Nice!

15. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Captain America tanks Ultron by simply punching him in the face. Just throwing that out there.

16. bakau

bakau Avatar

What is the source of this? I looked in the R33 and 34 notes and could not find any mention of Agro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.