Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Aggro-Range of the Enemies ...

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Cherico, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

I know, it's not a bug (i hope), but in R26 the aggro-range of the enemies is to large!

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Could you be a bit more specific? Your "bug" is way too general, IMO...

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is more feedback than bug, as you say. I shall now use my unbridled power to move this thread to the Feedback forums so it won't languish in my land of Bugs.

I also approve of @FrostII's message. More details would make the request easier to understand. :) We gotta' have something actionable.

4. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

Okay, it's more feedback then bug ;)

My feedback: the aggro-range of the enemies is to large!
    Even before i see an enemy, he often noticed and attacked me ...
    There's rarely a way to sneak around an enemy - also camouflage/silent movement/vanish/shadow form seems to does not work (I think thats a topic for another post) - because also low-level-enemies (green nameplate) noticed me, when i'm "hidden", from a large distance :(

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

also when fighting a skeleton with a sword his range is far more than any range of a sword. (did e throw it at me?) if he did then that means hes unarmed! :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Chatele and Miracle Dragon like this.
  6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

and when a monster is exiting his range RUN TOO FAST to turn back to his starting point .. seems to see a wolf/spider race

stratigos and Miracle Dragon like this.
  7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I was hoping to try some sneak mining even tho I dont break sneak while running past a mob. Is there any chance of success with higher level or sneak?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think there was something in the most recent patch notes about enemies won't keep backing up out of range now.

I solved the problem before by switching to a two-handed sword.

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

As for enemies not backing up, I can say archers are way less annoying now. They stand there and let me pound on em, and kite them away from their camps.

As for the aggro range, I think I like it. I mean, its kind of non-immersive when you can walk 10 feet in front of a "Thug" and he stands there staring off stoically into the distance. Then you take one step forward and like magic he can see you and attacks.

Really, youre in the field of vision, you can get attacked. Also not all mobs are like this - wolves, for example, seem pretty easy to navigate around. Bears too. Humanoids seem to see me from very far away, and start casting spells or shooting arrows. The end result of this is, if you get ganked by mobs in some zones, youre going to have to be social and bring friends to help you out. Grouping wont be limited to dungeons with the only motivation being completing a hard quest or getting phat loot. Grouping will be required everywhere, cuz well, youre not Hercules.

BTW Im always a rouge, so like, I have no personal investment in that. If anything it makes it way harder for me :). At the same time, it actually makes camouflage and stealth useful for something besides going AFK.

4EverLost likes this.
  10. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

What if I wish to get social with the thugs? But they shoot me before I even can try to raise the white flag :p

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Cherico likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.