Agriculture farmland

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jay Nord, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

I would like to see flat farmland tiles, like pavers but in different sizes and configurations, that look like dirt and work like the planting beds and pots. These would be much more attractive for landscaping and allow for more plants in less space since the planting bed railroad tie looking frames would be gone. I want my farm to look like a farm, not a suburban raised bed hobby garden.

These should be able to completely cover a lot from edge to edge, or in what ever layout the player wants in order to leave room for deco or a basement hatch. The smaller sizes would make for nice flower beds next to a house, or even in front of a row house. Outdoor use only!

I would size these as follows to allow for lots of configuration options:

1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x10
    2x2, 2x4, 2x6, 2x8, 2x10
    4x4, 4x8, 4x10
    8x8
    10x10

Hopefully, these would also allow us to maximize planting space in a greenhouse of any size.

Crafting: Carpentry could salvage the existing planting beds into into their timbers and dirt. Agriculture could gain a "Tilling" skill to turn dirt into farmland tiles perhaps combining it with a bit of clay for water retention ;) Different amounts of each required for different size tiles.

Store-only would be fine, too, bearing in mind it's just dirt. No "ornate" farmland, please :p

Wilfred, Alioth, Floors and 5 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I like this idea. I've always had an issue with the railroad timbers taking up valuable farming space and also the inability to fully use the entire interior ground of a greenhouse due to the limited sizes.

Not sure how easy it would be to do this with such a thin layer. It will definitely need to be a place-able item like a paver, but the planted crops may need some height requirement for the "dirt" portion of the growing plant.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'd also like to go the other direction:

Jay Nord likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Pretty good idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.