Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Agriculture improvements

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The changes to add mass watering, planting, etc, were really helpful and great, but it is still a bit clunky. These are some items that would help:

a) Change the maturation times slightly. Since everything is on full 24 hour rotations, it's impossible to plant on a schedule. I.e., if I plant at 5 PM today, I can't replant at 5 PM tomorrow, since I have to first harvest, etc. I would suggest 23/46/69 hours rather than 24/48/72. This gives people the ability to plant, well, like farmers do. On a schedule. ;)

2) Allow agriculture skills to be placed on something other than the utility bar. Right now, I have one slot free I can swap stuff in and out of, so I constantly have to put down what I need (seed, water, harvest). It'd make a lot more sense to be able to use a special combat bar purely for agriculture. No other profession needs you to interact with a bar and limiting agriculture to the utility bar is a major pain point.

3) Allow avatars to lock planting beds & pots from the ability to be harvested. These items are used for decoration as well as for farming. I have kept my harvest skill low because I have to avoid decorations on my lot from being accidentally harvested. This is a major pain point.

4) Fix it so that if you're in a greenhouse, you can't plant outside the greenhouse. I keep my seed planting radius low because if I put it up against the edge of a green house and I have an empty bed outside it I will be planting later (or another bed in an adjacent greenhouse), it'll go through my greenhouse walls and plant those other beds if I'm not careful

Thanks!

Drake Aedus and nonaware like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.