Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Agriculture

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by WrathPhoenix, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

@Attenwood @DarkStarr @Chris

Basially, the agriculture interface is terrible. It is the only "Crafting" related skill that has no shortcut, no ease of use, no quality of life factors to it whatso *ever*.

To plant a plant, we must double click unused soil - then hold CTRL while we single handedly drag across the hoe, the single seed, and the single bucket of water. That's 2 clicks to open, plus three clicks to drag each of the 3 required item, plus a final click to "Craft". That is six clicks.

A village lot can hold 12 large planters and 6 medium planters. That means that it can sustain exactly 300 plants (if leaving room to walk around).

So that is 300 plants multipled by six clicks - that's 1,800 clicks to plant a full village lots worth of crops. This is done every 1-3 days. At BEST that's 3600 clicks a week JUST to plant and at WORST it is 12,600 clicks JUST to PLANT them - per week. Dont forget double clicking each of them once a day to water them.

So, we understand anything and everything is in development and in flux, and that balance and the economic impact of the skill and associated skill trees will still be in development...

I would however humbly request to PLEASE look into at least giving us a "recipe book' type thing for planting the crops sooner rather than later. It is a very tedious and painful process - and that's just on a village lot... I wont even go into how much i fit on my city lot or what kind of work it takes...hah

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It will get better.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I will take a moment on the soap box here and reiterate my feedback from last release.

Agriculture needs to have "recipes" as well.
    That would reduce planting to
    10 "doubleclick planting bed" (recipe book pops up) "doubleclick XX recipe".
    20 Go to 10

Also Watering needs no confirmation. If I doubleclick a plant and have water on me then I do indeed want to water the plant, no confirmation necessary. Yee olde "[x] Do not show this Confirmation again" thing again.

Edit:
    ninjad by Darkstarr...

4. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Suggestion -

Allow each action to be done on a *planter* basis rather than per plant. Maybe?

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'd like my NPC servants to farm for me. I don't need to be bothered with all the clicking and timing. :)

I'd just like to supervise.

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

So lazy :p

7. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Yeah, I dont doubt it will improve. It is just so wildly disconnected from the other trade crafts right now because of the lack of a basic "recipe book" type thing similar to what all other trade skills have. It is painful at even the smallest scale, and nearly torture at the larger scale *chuckle*

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  8. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Yeah :) I appreciate the response, I was just hoping to mention this here - as Attenwood always says if it isnt mentioned here then we cant complain when nothings done about it! Im hoping we see a bit of priority at some point soon to at least align agricutlture with other trade skills.

This was basically the kind of response/feedback I was hoping to get. I agree with everything spoon says here.

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya I complained about this a few weeks ago. 7 clicks per plant. Now they don't stay, they always go away. I never get a seed back.

Can't wait for improved Agriculture :)

10. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Same. I love it, i think im one of the few who are dedicating themselves to doing it on any big scale, but it is tedious as heck and it just gets worse the more you do it.

11. Selene

Selene Avatar

Also, it would be nice if, for watering, the whole plant lit up instead of the ground below it. For the larger growing cotton, sometimes it is hard to see which one you are clicking on.

12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

+1 on being a critical part of the start of the food/buff/crafting workflow

13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I didn't ever plant any major quantities. I did 4 full size beds and it was tedious but I still understand your feelings here. It absolutely will get quicker and I think they're planning a polish to reduce clicks in all trade skills.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  14. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Yeah, dont get me wrong - i know that we're going to see the improvements i just hope they arent far off :) We are told a lot "post what youre passionate about" so thats what i try to do ;)

15. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I'm done w/ ag until it gets a lot better. Driving me nuts. Granted thats not hard to do but still... ;-)

16. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Ideally, I'd like to be able to irrigate the whole bed with one click! Maybe a reservoir that I have to fill at the end of a bed, but a one click water all option would be nice. Or... if it's raining.. why am I even bothering to carry those heavy buckets!?! lol.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

how about option to install a sprinkler type system per bed, then turn them on?

18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You lost a good chance at trolling everyone announcing it will get worse. :D

(Even if hardly anyone could conceive a worse UI, really!)

19. Selene

Selene Avatar

You could add a failure rate to it.

Spoon and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  20. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Don't give them such ideas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.