Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Air Tree

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Alcedes, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

I did not see anything in the patch notes about the Air tree being toned down a bit more so I have to assume it is still completely out of balance.

Chain Lightning can hit a single target upwards of 4 or 5 times. And can easily do upwards of 400-500 damage with a single cast. Not to mention, when it jumps from targets the range is absolutely outrageous. All of this applies to PvP AND PvE

A skilled Air Mage can still stun lock a single target with relative ease.

KuBaTRiZeS and Oba Evesor like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting for review.

3. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

@Attenwood if I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, I feel the imbalance in air comes from there being two AoE stuns(discharge and chain lightning). Changing Discharge to an AoE attack speed decrease I think would be just the thing to bring this tree in line, not to mention adding some great utility for other builds who just wish to "splash" a little bit of air into their deck.

for chain lightning, maybe if it could only crit each target one time? Crit damage is so high in this game that it's going to be so hard to balance it if it can crit one target 3-4 times.

4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I lost hope its going to be fixed before end of the year ^^ too many month now it is broken and exploitable.

5. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

...maybe if the current discharge were to morph into chain-lightning. A lowbie attempting to level discharge after you've nerfed it into being as difficult to rationalize into the caster's deck as distraction sounds... painful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.